Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Memory leak? Storage issue? What was it?

Tip us?

Shivam Kuchhal
Old
(Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 22nd May 2014 at 06:53 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,043
Default [Q] Memory leak? Storage issue? What was it?

So the thing is that 2 days back I transferred Asphalt 8 obb file from Sony Xperia L to my Moto E into the folder Android/obb. Everything was working fine, game was running smoothly etc etc. Now today when I tried to open the game, it said that I don't have enough space left(1.92 gb) full. I was wondering why it needs more space! O.o
Then I tried looking into apps space and every other place but couldn't find where the damn obb file went and yet space was full. I tried deleting obb folder but it kept saying operation failed. My data was taking up only 1 mb of all storage space.
Finally, in the end I had to factory reset and then the storage became normal once again.
So can anybody tell me what might be the cause of it? Only 2 apps were installed- Superbeam and Asphalt 8.
Also, anyway not to reproduce this problem again?
Haters gonna hate
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free : Linus Torvalds

Maintainer of Phantom Kernel for Moto G, Sony Xperia L and Moto E

Moto G: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Sony Xperia L: AOSPA, Phantom Kernel
Moto E: Stock, Phantom Kernel
Asus Nexus 7: Rastakat
Xiaomi Mi3: Stock

Facebook Community of Motorola Moto E: Motorola Moto E : Development and Discussion

GobletSky31689
Old
(Last edited by GobletSky31689; 24th May 2014 at 09:51 AM.) Reason: Added Sceenshot
Thanks Meter 119
If you are rooted, next time you can use TricksterMod to rescan your media:
Trickster MOD-->Tools-->Media Scanner

If you don't have root and rebooting does not helps, there are many alternatives available on play store. Though I have not tried them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-24-14-11-12.png
Views:	60
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	2760338  
"Very occasionally, if you really pay attention, life doesn't suck."
Oh ****, I forgot, how'm I supposed to send this **** out?

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 522

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal View Post
So the thing is that 2 days back I transferred Asphalt 8 obb file from Sony Xperia L to my Moto E into the folder Android/obb. Everything was working fine, game was running smoothly etc etc. Now today when I tried to open the game, it said that I don't have enough space left(1.92 gb) full. I was wondering why it needs more space! O.o
Then I tried looking into apps space and every other place but couldn't find where the damn obb file went and yet space was full. I tried deleting obb folder but it kept saying operation failed. My data was taking up only 1 mb of all storage space.
Finally, in the end I had to factory reset and then the storage became normal once again.
So can anybody tell me what might be the cause of it? Only 2 apps were installed- Superbeam and Asphalt 8.
Also, anyway not to reproduce this problem again?
Not sure but it seems relevant to the game data. 'Cause you were unable to delete it. IMHO, transferring game files from one device to another is not a sure shot process. I've experienced many issues with that. It is time and bandwidth consuming but you should prefer to re-downloading the game data.
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"