[Q] Memory leak? Storage issue? What was it?

22nd May 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 1,213

751 posts
More
So the thing is that 2 days back I transferred Asphalt 8 obb file from Sony Xperia L to my Moto E into the folder Android/obb. Everything was working fine, game was running smoothly etc etc. Now today when I tried to open the game, it said that I don't have enough space left(1.92 gb) full. I was wondering why it needs more space! O.o
Then I tried looking into apps space and every other place but couldn't find where the damn obb file went and yet space was full. I tried deleting obb folder but it kept saying operation failed. My data was taking up only 1 mb of all storage space.
Finally, in the end I had to factory reset and then the storage became normal once again.
So can anybody tell me what might be the cause of it? Only 2 apps were installed- Superbeam and Asphalt 8.
Also, anyway not to reproduce this problem again?
Last edited by Shivam Kuchhal; 22nd May 2014 at 06:53 AM.
24th May 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 119

117 posts
More
If you are rooted, next time you can use TricksterMod to rescan your media:
Trickster MOD-->Tools-->Media Scanner

If you don't have root and rebooting does not helps, there are many alternatives available on play store. Though I have not tried them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-24-14-11-12.png
Views:	61
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	2760338  
Last edited by GobletSky31689; 24th May 2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added Sceenshot
25th May 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 534

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam Kuchhal

So the thing is that 2 days back I transferred Asphalt 8 obb file from Sony Xperia L to my Moto E into the folder Android/obb. Everything was working fine, game was running smoothly etc etc. Now today when I tried to open the game, it said that I don't have enough space left(1.92 gb) full. I was wondering why it needs more space! O.o
Then I tried looking into apps space and every other place but couldn't find where the damn obb file went and yet space was full. I tried deleting obb folder but it kept saying operation failed. My data was taking up only 1 mb of all storage space.
Finally, in the end I had to factory reset and then the storage became normal once again.
So can anybody tell me what might be the cause of it? Only 2 apps were installed- Superbeam and Asphalt 8.
Also, anyway not to reproduce this problem again?

Not sure but it seems relevant to the game data. 'Cause you were unable to delete it. IMHO, transferring game files from one device to another is not a sure shot process. I've experienced many issues with that. It is time and bandwidth consuming but you should prefer to re-downloading the game data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread