How do you manage the notifications/screen on when wireless charging at night?

24th May 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

476 posts
As per title, I have a wireless charger now and like most people I imagine, charge the phablet at night.

So the first notification/screen on I can tolerate to tell me it's charging but then there's the charging complete notification/screen on and then to and fro as some juice depletes and it goes back onto charge.

I'm not rooted (bought the phone outright recently and don't want to invalidate warranty).

I am averagely familiar with using Tasker and Trigger and am open to any suggestions to stop me getting woken up by this.

It seems such an obvious Use Case I am amazed Samsung haven't provided an easy way to do wireless charging without these interruptions.

Thanks,

Joe
25th May 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 527

640 posts
Donate to Me
More
I haven't noticed any interruption in charging wirelessly. I get the notification that it started, the one for full, and that's it. If I leave it on the pad it just acts like it is plugged in and maintains until I remove it.

Fwiw, I'm using the PThink Ultra thin qi receiver w/nfc and a yipin q300 dual qi charger. Does the same in my powerbot puck, too.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
Last edited by toastido; 25th May 2014 at 12:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 298

975 posts
Lightflow will allow you to override the factory settings for both of these. You can set quiet hours as well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to arcanexvi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

476 posts
I'm starting to wonder if I have a duff charger mat. When it's at full charge the charging notification comes on every two or three seconds. The mat is quite hot to touch and my battery monitor app shows 39 C.

It's a Choe mat so only a cheapie.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
night, notification, wireless charging
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 General by ThreadRank