Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stop Default Configuration download on startup ???

Tip us?

AdRock02gt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Stop Default Configuration download on startup ???

If any apps are uninstalled the phone does an automatic download of the Default Sprint configuration on every start up. Is there any way to stop it from doing this?

schwiz
Old
(Last edited by schwiz; 25th May 2014 at 02:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRock02gt View Post
If any apps are uninstalled the phone does an automatic download of the Default Sprint configuration on every start up. Is there any way to stop it from doing this?
It shouldn't do this from just uninstalling apps, if so that is a bug for sure! Somehow its internal preferences must be getting wiped. Anyways just uninstall or disable com.sprint.w.installer

AdRock02gt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I thought it was strange also but everything is working fine. Where can I find that installer file? I've looked around for it but am just not seeing it.

schwiz
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRock02gt View Post
I thought it was strange also but everything is working fine. Where can I find that installer file? I've looked around for it but am just not seeing it.
If you are rooted, adb uninstall com.sprint.w.installer will do it. Otherwise you'll have to use pm commands to disable its broadcast receivers that gets a little more in depth but you can download an apk manifest viewer off the playstore to see what the class names are to disable. Just disable all the things.