Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,880 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Extremely Weak Haptic (Vibration) on Touch Elements

Tip us?

hidea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Default [Q] Extremely Weak Haptic (Vibration) on Touch Elements

Hey guys,

I've recently swapped my Z2, from a carrier locked; to one that's unlocked from Sony. Trouble is, the unlocked Z2 seems to be defective. The haptic feedback is super weak, to a point I can't tell if the motor is working. The thing is, if I perform a repeated action, such as tapping the back button (furiously), the vibration motor will then pick up momentum and start to vibrate properly. I've compared the two Z2, and the other Z2 (locked one) is performing as "expected".

So far, I've two areas/actions that are lacking in haptic feedback; typing on the stock keyboard (even though I've set the vibration duration to the default level), and the navbar buttons (back/home/recent) give a very very faint feedback.

I've ran several tests, including the ones from the service menu; and those worked wonderfully; the device would just vibrate right away. The device also has no problem vibrating when receiving phone calls or texts.

Just how many different vibration motors are in the phone? What could be causing weak haptic feedback?
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP511)
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers HTC One 2014 (M8) on Koodo Mobile
Rogers HTC One (M7) on Koodo Wireless
Bell Galaxy S5 on Virgin Mobile
Rogers LG G2 (D803) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) on Virgin Mobile
Google Nexus 5 on Virgin Mobile
TELUS Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) on Koodo Wireless & Galaxy Gear (SM-V7000ZKAXAC)
Rogers Moto X (XT1058) on Koodo Wireless

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 855

DONATE TO ME
in the Z2 there is 1 viabrate motor to my knowlage,

it seems your device is defective and id recomend you try to get a replacement

the exact problem seems like the motor is stiff, or over magnitised of sorts

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/

Blade1000rr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidea View Post
Hey guys,

I've recently swapped my Z2, from a carrier locked; to one that's unlocked from Sony. Trouble is, the unlocked Z2 seems to be defective. The haptic feedback is super weak, to a point I can't tell if the motor is working. The thing is, if I perform a repeated action, such as tapping the back button (furiously), the vibration motor will then pick up momentum and start to vibrate properly. I've compared the two Z2, and the other Z2 (locked one) is performing as "expected".

So far, I've two areas/actions that are lacking in haptic feedback; typing on the stock keyboard (even though I've set the vibration duration to the default level), and the navbar buttons (back/home/recent) give a very very faint feedback.

I've ran several tests, including the ones from the service menu; and those worked wonderfully; the device would just vibrate right away. The device also has no problem vibrating when receiving phone calls or texts.

Just how many different vibration motors are in the phone? What could be causing weak haptic feedback?
I have exactly the same problem with my UK unbranded Z2..Haptic feedback works perfectly on all diagnostic tests, phone ringer, notifications and alarms, but only intermittently with stock keyboard, Swiftkey and home buttons.
I think its a software problem, I'm going to flash the .402 German firmware later today to see if that cures the problem...If not it's going back to Amazon.

Blade1000rr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidea View Post
Hey guys,

I just flashed the .402 German firmware and also did a 'repair my device' in PC Companion before flashing, and the haptic feedback is still weak, not functioning properly and erratic. Must be a hardware issue.
I'm returning the phone for a replacement.