Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New sprint s4 problems

Tip us?

shorty9210
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default New sprint s4 problems

So my s4 has 8gb of memory of space but sense I updated face book nothing else will download from the play store....
Thanks in advance
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400916435265.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	2760284Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400916451620.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2760285Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400916475666.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2760286

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Chiefho70
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am having some similar problems email stopped working and no pictures on Facebook uninstalled Facebook and email worked thought it was the problem but seems like everyday something else stops working now getting help has stopped email has stopped Google has stopped. It has happened before I start from scratch and it works for about a month or two and starts again running 4.4.2 nae on mf9 bootloader

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty9210 View Post
So my s4 has 8gb of memory of space but sense I updated face book nothing else will download from the play store....
Thanks in advance
Attachment 2760284Attachment 2760285Attachment 2760286

Go system settings>more>application manager and then scroll through every app. Open the applications and delete their cache - especially gmail/email, facebook, internet, google play services, playstore, gallery etc then reboot and see if things work.
Sometimes you'll have to delete not only the Cache but the 'Data' too in Google Playstore and services (both). If you do this you'll be required to login next time you open playstore, that is all.
Also you could could, if you have a custom recovery, boot into recovery mode and delete the cache there too.
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaderbuilder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chiefho70
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Go system settings>more>application manager and then scroll through every app. Open the applications and delete their cache - especially gmail/email, facebook, internet, google play services, playstore, gallery etc then reboot and see if things work.
Sometimes you'll have to delete not only the Cache but the 'Data' too in Google Playstore and services (both). If you do this you'll be required to login next time you open playstore, that is all.
Also you could could, if you have a custom recovery, boot into recovery mode and delete the cache there too.
That worked for me thanks. I cleared the cache for the suggested apps and rebooted email immediately worked and could install apps again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefho70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PAPB0007
Old
Thanks Meter 29
A faster way to clear cache is settings > more > storage > cache

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 on PagePlus
Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T
Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 Mobile Dock
Konomi Kirby: (^'o'^) (^'o'^) (v'o'v) (v'o'v) <( 'o'<) (> 'o')> <( 'o'<) (> 'o')> B A Select Start
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PAPB0007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]