No registration required

[Q] phone not responding after installing talking notification girl app

OP gstech100

24th May 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi,
I purchased a new sony xperia sp a few days ago and was trying to configure it for my preferences.. basically installed a talking notifications girl app from google store...

However something went wrong it seems and now the screen is locked and I just can't open it.. whatever action I do- swiping to unlock or any other thing.. that app just says that loudly with no actual response and activity on the screen.

I tried to reset the phone by opening the cover .. but no success...
then I tried to boot into safe mode holding volume keys - though booted into safe mode but it was doing same thing again.. just talking back my actions without actual response..

I am at my wit's end.. anyone can help please?

The android version is 4.1 and I hadn't updated it to recent version and the phone software was also orignal .. phone hasn't been rooted.

Kindly help,

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Gstech
25th May 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
resolved.
okay.. was the post not relevant to the forum since there were so many views but no reply?..

anyway..I got to learn few things from the problem.. got it resolved now..

resetting from back and safe mode didn't work..neither pressing the power key and volume key for hard reset.

thanks to google for relevant links and info

this is what resolved the issue.. anyone who faces such issue in future...

1. connected the phone to computer via usb cable. sony pc companion detected it and recommended to update.
2. updated the software to version 4.3 .. took a long time just to download the update.
3. follow the instruction given on screen to update. takes a while to update..
4. However even after update the offending app was still not letting me do anything..
5. once you have updated, there is an option to repair the phone .. select it and PC companion will warn that all existing data will be lost .. proceed and then let the phone repair process complete. This is what finally resolved the issue but all my earlier apps and settings were lost but I got the phone in usable state at least.

Hope this helps anyone having same issue.

issue resolved.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread