This thread is for Project Engine Kernel users to clarify their doubts or face any difficulties in using the kernel.Any Recognised Contributor who would like to help me to manage this Q&A thread is greatly appreciated
- Galaxy Grand Quattro Device(Obviously)
- Logcat(It would be easier for me or the RC to spot the issues easily
- Do speak politely with one another.Its part of respecting each another and the XDA rules
- If you can help,try contributing to fix issues that other users faced because we are all here to learn
Why is my phone's battery discharging so fast?
- Check that the amount of apps running on your background process.If there is too much applications running,i suggest you use greenify
Why is USB OTG not supported in Galaxy Grand Quattro?
- Somehow Samsung disabled USB OTG in Grand Quattro Device and I am trying to reverse-engineer the process of how they disable it and how i can fix it.I know this is quite a hot-topic among users but seriously its not as easy as you think.There are lots of consideration when coding OTG because if not handled well,it could be pose risky problems
Where do i download the zip file?
- I have imported the thread to XDA DEVDB Project so now all zip files are under the Downloads tab.You are required to use the browser or when you are in Tapatalk,click view on Web to see the Download files
What does the governor and I/O Scheduler do?
- Well there are already lots of hardworking chaps in XDA writing guides to help users.One of them is here and another one is here.Dont forget to thank them because writing this guide takes a long time for them and their hardwork should be rewarded.
What is the difference between ARM and Linaro toolchain?
- ARM toolchain is the basic compiling toolchain used for kernels and ROMs but Linaro toolchains is full of optimisations that could really make a big improvement in the kernel such as battery life and performance.Over the years,many users were elated over the speed and battery life that their device kernel can achieve through the Linaro toolchain and it is now the most well-known toolchain in XDA and other places of Earth.Well,fear not,Project Engine Kernel is compiled using Linaro GCC 4.7.4 Toolchains and therefore,you will be amazed with the difference between the stock and custom kernel.
I know there are lots of question that i cant answer all so post them here if you have enquiries