Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unable to install any custom Roms

OP Original T

19th May 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag Shoreview, MN
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalspring

Did you try formatting data, cache, and system partitions in any of the recoveries that worked? Or have you tried a RUU (if you are s-off)

i have not tried that in all the diff recoveries actually.
i am s-off and not sure about RUUing at all with this phone. i will give them ideas a try now and report back once done. hope that works.

which RUU would u suggest i try? i am on Bad Boyz Sprint ONE M8 Harman v1.1 rom with build 1.54.654.13. if that matters any.
If u know a link to the RUU thatd be great help and save me a lill time. thanks
19th May 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,341

2,468 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original T

i have not tried that in all the diff recoveries actually.
i am s-off and not sure about RUUing at all with this phone. i will give them ideas a try now and report back once done. hope that works.

which RUU would u suggest i try? i am on Bad Boyz Sprint ONE M8 Harman v1.1 rom with build 1.54.654.13. if that matters any.
If u know a link to the RUU thatd be great help and save me a lill time. thanks

I know my issue was fixed by using philz recovery, wiping data, cache, and system and then installing a new rom. If the issue is what I think it is, then wiping all the partitions I mentioned should fix it. (I think the issue is related to some file system corruption and twrp not being able to properly handle the corruption, when other recoveries work just fine, so formatting the partition will get rid of the corrupted data)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729173
19th May 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Shoreview, MN

64 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I know my issue was fixed by using philz recovery, wiping data, cache, and system and then installing a new rom. If the issue is what I think it is, then wiping all the partitions I mentioned should fix it. (I think the issue is related to some file system corruption and twrp not being able to properly handle the corruption, when other recoveries work just fine, so formatting the partition will get rid of the corrupted data)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729173

i noticed u didnt include the boot partition to wipe.. do i only wipe the partitions u suggested or include the boot as well? sorry just dont want to mess anything up if i can avoid it. thanks again tho for quick replies.
19th May 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,341

2,468 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original T

i noticed u didnt include the boot partition to wipe.. do i only wipe the partitions u suggested or include the boot as well? sorry just dont want to mess anything up if i can avoid it. thanks again tho for quick replies.

You can wipe boot partition as well, just dont wipe anything you dont immediately recognize (I know philz touch has tons of options to wipe different partitions, and a lot of them probably would be bad to wipe lol)
19th May 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag Shoreview, MN

64 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You can wipe boot partition as well, just dont wipe anything you dont immediately recognize (I know philz touch has tons of options to wipe different partitions, and a lot of them probably would be bad to wipe lol)

ok i wiped said partitions and tried installing viper from philz recovery and twrp recovery and no go same thing happening. almost got worried when i tried rebooting and got the "no OS installed, r u sure?" but i just installed bad boyz again to get going again. im gonna try RUUing cause now i get a message after my phone starts saying something bout inconsistent partitions, u must wipe data partition or phone will be unstable. so gonna just RUU and start from there. do u know by chance if it is possible to create a backup with say twrp recovery and able to restore it with any of the recoveries such as philz or does a backup need to restored using the recovery it was created with? thanks again.

Here is a shot of what I received in philz after attempting viper install. http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/...psl8wwj5mi.jpg
Last edited by Original T; 19th May 2014 at 08:35 AM.
19th May 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
Flag Shoreview, MN

64 posts
Donate to Me
More
ok so i RUUed with the RUU u suggested and then tried installing Viperone rom and still getting the same failed status. i tried restoring my backup i made before attempting these suggestions and it seems they do not restore completely either. errrrr so frustrating! my first M8 i had no problems with root soff recovery or installing viperone... this one is just not going so well. im gonna keep at it tho until i get viperone on my phone. lol
25th May 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #17  
OP Member
Flag Shoreview, MN

64 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Good news.. I was able to install ViperONEm8 rom finally after all the hassle.
i went to TWRP recovery website and downloaded the TWRP recovery 2.7.0.2 and downnloaded ViperONEm8 1.5.0 version and flashed the recovery and installed the 1.5.0 version without a problem i tried 1.6.0 first but got the failed thing again but 1.5.0 installed no problem. YAYYY!!
Thank you all for your help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread