Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cant get into CWM or TWRP with hardwear keys on 4.2.2

Tip us?

delurfangs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] cant get into CWM or TWRP with hardwear keys on 4.2.2

Hey i rooted my my flex and am still on 4.2.2 i used freedom flex to install both recoverys trying to get this to work. I can boot into both no problem from the freedom flex app but if i complety power the phone down to boot in like i would have too if i got stuck in a boot loop. I have tried every button combination i can think of including the normal way that worked before holding power and volume down until the lg logo then releasing the power key and imediettly holding it again with no luck. So is ther a way to get in woth the hard wear keys? Or is the recoverys only to flash roms and if you get stuck in a loop your just out of luck?

Sorry for the spelling my computer is missing a hard drive at the moment so im on my phone.

PattyNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by delurfangs View Post
Hey i rooted my my flex and am still on 4.2.2 i used freedom flex to install both recoverys trying to get this to work. I can boot into both no problem from the freedom flex app but if i complety power the phone down to boot in like i would have too if i got stuck in a boot loop. I have tried every button combination i can think of including the normal way that worked before holding power and volume down until the lg logo then releasing the power key and imediettly holding it again with no luck. So is ther a way to get in woth the hard wear keys? Or is the recoverys only to flash roms and if you get stuck in a loop your just out of luck?

Sorry for the spelling my computer is missing a hard drive at the moment so im on my phone.
Hold Vol Up + Power button through the LG splash screen until you see a black screen with a wrench and some Korean text. Then let go immediately and you should go into your custom recovery.
Brian Fantana - "Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

delurfangs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thank you!

Just tried it on both that tried to get twrp up but it kept crashing and trying again until i held down the power key to shut it off but i switched back to clockwork and it worked like a charm. Much appricated