Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restore Homescreen Icons/BT/Wifi/Sounds

Tip us?

nugzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565
Question Restore Homescreen Icons/BT/Wifi/Sounds

Can someone tell me what i need to be backing up with titanium backup to preserve home screen icon locations, bluetooth device pairings, sound settings and wifi settings? Well i guess i actually need to know what the names are to restore these items, i already have them backed up. When installing new roms these are the items i would like to restore. I was thinking these items should be the same no matter what sense 6 rom correct? I'm hoping i can restore just these setting without having to worry about messing things up by restoring system data to a different rom/base. Or if anyone knows a better way to backup/restore these items i would like to hear about it. Thanks.
Current Devices...
AT&T HTC One 64GB
AT&T HTC One X+
AT&T HTC One (M7) 64GB
AT&T HTC One (M8) 32GB + 64GB SD

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugzo View Post
Can someone tell me what i need to be backing up with titanium backup to preserve home screen icon locations, bluetooth device pairings, sound settings and wifi settings? Well i guess i actually need to know what the names are to restore these items, i already have them backed up. When installing new roms these are the items i would like to restore. I was thinking these items should be the same no matter what sense 6 rom correct? I'm hoping i can restore just these setting without having to worry about messing things up by restoring system data to a different rom/base. Or if anyone knows a better way to backup/restore these items i would like to hear about it. Thanks.
I use mybackup pro puts everything back likehhome screen sounds and apps and data sms andccall log andmmore
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nugzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
I use mybackup pro puts everything back likehhome screen sounds and apps and data sms andccall log andmmore
Thanks jay, would this work restoring to a different rom base? you know how the devs preach dont restore system data..., trying to just get the few important things to me restored (and not the rest of the system data that might hurt the rom)
Current Devices...
AT&T HTC One 64GB
AT&T HTC One X+
AT&T HTC One (M7) 64GB
AT&T HTC One (M8) 32GB + 64GB SD

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugzo View Post
Thanks jay, would this work restoring to a different rom base? you know how the devs preach dont restore system data..., trying to just get the few important things to me restored (and not the rest of the system data that might hurt the rom)
Yeah I've used it on lots of roms on note 3 always worked and twice on m8
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZeRo2o9
Old
Thanks Meter 263
found this while searching google just wanted to say thanks for posting that app

Want a cool signature? Go to Team GFX Bandits!
Samsung Intercept>Droid 2>Huawei Acend 2>Evo 3D>
HTC Vivid & HTC Inspire 4g> HTC One XL> AT&T HTC One - ROM: WCX
Click Here For My HTC Vivid MIUI ROM (Discontinued)