No registration required

[Q] Unusual S3 lock screen problem

OP noful

25th May 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305T rooted and running Android 4.3 with Touchwizz.

The problem I am having is that the screen will not turn off and pressing the power button will not lock the phone. Holding the power button will bring up the device options menu (power off, restart etc) indicating that the button itself is still functioning.

Restarting the device will boot to the lock screen, however the screen still wont turn off and after unlocking the phone once, you can no longer lock the phone.

In the phones settings, under battery it shows that it doesn't even register the screen as being on or the phone being awake (see image) however the phone is still completely functional aside from the issues stated above.

This problem occurred after accidentally dialling emergency services from the lock screen while watching a video on my computer and absent mindedly spinning my phone in my fingers. As soon as I saw it was dialling I cancelled the call and took the battery out. When I started the phone I noticed the screen wouldn't turn off and the phone wouldn't lock.

Hoping I wont have to do a factory reset, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-25-18-01-54[1].png
Views:	15
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	2762001  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread