[Q] Fastboot help
I'm trying to unlock my bootloader - following the instructions on the Sony website... and a bunch of other websites outlining similar processes.
NOTE: Experienced at flashing ROMs / rooting for other devices...
When I boot into fastboot mode I get nothing displayed on my phone - I'm sure it is in fastboot mode as the notification led turns blue as expected. However any commands I send (fastboot -I 0x0fce getvars version
) all end up with <waiting for device>
I've tried putting it into fastboot mode by 2 methods:
1) Phone off, hold down 'Vol Up' and plug in USB cable
2) Running adb and sending the "reboot bootloader" command.
Both these result in the notification led turning blue as expected, but no display on the phone.
I think the drivers are correct as I can connect and see the device from adb - also tried other drivers and 2 separate machines just to be sure... so not sure what's going on.
1. Should there be something displayed on the phone when it's in fastboot mode ?
2. Is the driver for fastboot different from the adb driver ?
3. Any pointers as to where I am going wrong, or tips on troubleshooting further ?
Thanks .. Ken