Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth issues - Please help!

Tip us?

midnightslide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Default Bluetooth issues - Please help!

I love this phone so far, but one issue has me wanting to send it back to tmobile. My car comes with a Bluetooth stereo, and I have it paired with my m8. The problem is with the phone's OS and Bluetooth prioritization.

When I place a call, a window pops-up and asks what audio method I want to use. It is unnecessary, but I could live with that.

When a call comes in, it always defaults to the phone's internal speaker. I have to take it out of my pocket and manually select Bluetooth audio. Sometimes it doesn't even switch over after it is selected.

Is there a way to make it always default to Bluetooth audio when connected? It is driving me crazy!

P.S. If you like my sig(s), please don't steal and modify it(them). Just ask me to make you one. Thanks!

rquinn19
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightslide View Post
I love this phone so far, but one issue has me wanting to send it back to tmobile. My car comes with a Bluetooth stereo, and I have it paired with my m8. The problem is with the phone's OS and Bluetooth prioritization.

When I place a call, a window pops-up and asks what audio method I want to use. It is unnecessary, but I could live with that.

When a call comes in, it always defaults to the phone's internal speaker. I have to take it out of my pocket and manually select Bluetooth audio. Sometimes it doesn't even switch over after it is selected.

Is there a way to make it always default to Bluetooth audio when connected? It is driving me crazy!
When I answer with my car's Talk button it is always output through Bluetooth.

zimilaci
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19 View Post
When I answer with my car's Talk button it is always output through Bluetooth.
same here...

maybe your car's bt stereo is not the best? or not compatible?

I have a kenwood dnx-7280bt and it works fine
HTC One M8
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L
■S-OFF | ■Rooted | ■Unlocked | ■Stock Kernel & Recovery
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One M7 (black) 32GB
Unlocked/Root/Cust. Kernel/Cust Rom/Modified Hboot/S-OFF

RETIRED: - iPhone 3gs/4, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4