Post Reply

ZTE Grand SII LTE (S291) - ROOT , RECOVERY, install GApps

25th May 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 34
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Hi, folks
I want show you a tutorial how to easy do ROOT and install RECOVERY and then gapps , with a simple tool.

The tool is in Chinese, but you need only to click few times.

Letís start:

1. Plug your phone to your PC and on the phone choose the option Install driver:


2. Then install the drivers to your PC.
3. Now on your phone go to setting/ developer options and choose the option USB debugging on.


4.Download the ROOT TOOL from here: http://d-h.st/8Ma
5.Unpack it and run it with administrator rights.
6.Make sure your phone is connected and you have at least 20% battery, Click on the first option on the right site.


you will see this massage donít click on anything

7. Now wait , your phone will restart and you should see the SUper user app in your apps.

In the tool click on OK

8.Lets continue with the RECOVERY installation. Click on the second option:

9. The same massages will appear ,do the same like on the earlier steps , just wait...
10. Your phone should now boot into recovery , click on the first option - this will reboot your phone


11. If you want google apps continue. Download gapps from here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
12. Put the zip into the root of internal memory.
13. Turn your phone off and enter the recovery by holding volume up + power button until the phone vibrates , then release the power button.
14. You are in recovery now , go to the second option , than choose the first option , select your file , than choose the first option, this will install the google apps.
15. Now leave the recovery.


16. ALL done
I wish you luck


all credist go to myzte.cn


EDIT: REUPLOADED SCREENSHOTS
Last edited by jozco313; 20th July 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Reuploaded photos , sorry for that hope now it will be OK
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jozco313 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #2  
5KKKKK's Avatar
Member
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 45
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
good,thanks

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using XDA Free mobile app
25th May 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 34
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5KKKKK

good,thanks

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using XDA Free mobile app

You are welcome

BTW , when the next update is out version B07/B08 (i hope it is the big 4.4 update) , i will modify the ROM- with deleting the chinese apps , replacing chinese email , gallery, camera apps to original google one. So mostly stock
26th May 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #4  
5KKKKK's Avatar
Member
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 45
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
I like this phone,but the main problem is it has few ROMs,it seems that zte is not very popular

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using XDA Free mobile app
26th May 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Thumbs up Danger ahead
Hello everybody,

I wanted to warn you, I followed this guide and after doing the root procedure my phone is bricked DEAD.

Won't turn on, won't do anything, not even charghing when power plug is connected, I just killed my phone after about 30 minutes of ownership. :/

PLEASE WAIT A LITTLE BIT BEFORE DOING THIS.

My phone is a grey ZTE Grand S II (NBA Edition, from what I see on the box...).

Does anybody here have an idea HOW I could get this back from the dead?



*** UPDATE ***

I was able to make it work!! Sorry for sounding so alarmed before... I was in panic mode.

If this doesn't work at first please try it on another PC, or switch USB port, and make yourself a big favor by using this:

http://visualgdb.com/UsbDriverTool/

to install your Android ADB driver.

The ZTE Grand S II (S291) is a GREAT handset and I hope the devs get interested because it's one of the BEST prcie/value ratio around...

Got it for 280 Ä on Aliexpress...

Thank You.

S.
Last edited by Simmessa; 28th May 2014 at 10:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmessa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 34
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmessa

Hello everybody,

I wanted to warn you, I followed this guide and after doing the root procedure my phone is bricked DEAD.

Won't turn on, won't do anything, not even charghing when power plug is connected, I just killed my phone after about 30 minutes of ownership. :/

PLEASE WAIT A LITTLE BIT BEFORE DOING THIS.

My phone is a grey ZTE Grand S II (NBA Edition, from what I see on the box...).

Does anybody here have an idea HOW I could get this back from the dead?

Thank You.

S.

Oh , that's not good , but no one bricked the phone to time...
But please look at the titile, have you the ZTE GRAND SII (s251) or the ZTE GRAND SII LTE (s291) because they're completely different phones.
27th May 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Difference?
Hello Jozco,

I don't know, but I finally managed to get it back from the dead, by removing the battery and re-connecting it to the power plug, I can now turn it on again...

In About phone under model number it says ZTE S291.

I found something strange, when I issue a "adb reboot bootloader" command the phone goes off and dead, I have to detach the battery to be able to turn it on again... any ideas?

The phone has a NBA logo on the box, a gray cover, and I got it here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6097854185.html

Do you have any clues, I'm going crazy...

THANKS!

S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozco313

Oh , that's not good , but no one bricked the phone to time...
But please look at the titile, have you the ZTE GRAND SII (s251) or the ZTE GRAND SII LTE (s291) because they're completely different phones.

27th May 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 34
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmessa

Hello Jozco,

I don't know, but I finally managed to get it back from the dead, by removing the battery and re-connecting it to the power plug, I can now turn it on again...

In About phone under model number it says ZTE S291.

I found something strange, when I issue a "adb reboot bootloader" command the phone goes off and dead, I have to detach the battery to be able to turn it on again... any ideas?

The phone has a NBA logo on the box, a gray cover, and I got it here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6097854185.html

Do you have any clues, I'm going crazy...

THANKS!

S.

Oh so , that’s seems to be only a ADB driver problem, had it also , because i had a lot of phones to flash , my drivers were mixed up...
just download this: http://visualgdb.com/UsbDriverTool/
install it , open it , plug your phone to the pc , you will see ZTE Handset ADB Interface click on it and under Android ADB driver click install , this will install the universal ADB driver it should work.

I hope we get your phone rooted
Last edited by jozco313; 27th May 2014 at 07:41 AM.
27th May 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
I did the steps you suggested but that didn't change anything

The driver situation is ok, as you can see from the screenshot, yet, it WON'T reboot in the bootloader.

Whenever I issue a "adb reboot bootloader" it simply dies... and I have to remove battery.

Obviously I can't make fastboot work this way, therefore I can't move further, any tips?

Thank You!

S.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozco313

Oh so , thatís seems to be only a ADB driver problem, had it also , because i had a lot of phones to flash , my drivers were mixed up...
just download this: http://visualgdb.com/UsbDriverTool/
install it , open it , plug your phone to the pc , you will see ZTE Handset ADB Interface click on it and under Android ADB driver click install , this will install the universal ADB driver it should work.

I hope we get your phone rooted

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZTE.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	2765335  
27th May 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 34
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmessa

I did the steps you suggested but that didn't change anything

The driver situation is ok, as you can see from the screenshot, yet, it WON'T reboot in the bootloader.

Whenever I issue a "adb reboot bootloader" it simply dies... and I have to remove battery.

Obviously I can't make fastboot work this way, therefore I can't move further, any tips?

Thank You!

S.

---

I mean this:



BTW did you checked USB debbuging , when you have connected your phone in the connection type have you checked Connect to PC software
?
Last edited by jozco313; 27th May 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android General by ThreadRank