No registration required

[Q] Root Problems

OP maxwellz

25th May 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90

211 posts
More
I'm having a strange time with my phone, I rooted the phone, by the guides on xda, everything went well, superSu was installed,
then I tried to flash a new recovery and a new kernel, but nothing worked, after some searching I found this AutoRec tool, it worked
the recovery changed to TWRP, so I tried to flash dorimanx again, and again nothing changed, the flashing was done, but after reboot still
no change with the kernel.
So I checked if the device is rooted, I did this on the begining of the process and it was, now, it showed that the device isn;t rooted.
Now I have a TWRP recovery, without root, and when I try to root, I have to press "apply update from adb..." but I dont have thing option anymore,

Thanks a lot for your help!
25th May 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,510

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellz

I'm having a strange time with my phone, I rooted the phone, by the guides on xda, everything went well, superSu was installed,
then I tried to flash a new recovery and a new kernel, but nothing worked, after some searching I found this AutoRec tool, it worked
the recovery changed to TWRP, so I tried to flash dorimanx again, and again nothing changed, the flashing was done, but after reboot still
no change with the kernel.
So I checked if the device is rooted, I did this on the begining of the process and it was, now, it showed that the device isn;t rooted.
Now I have a TWRP recovery, without root, and when I try to root, I have to press "apply update from adb..." but I dont have thing option anymore,

Thanks a lot for your help!

You can still root with custom recovery the difference is you need to go to advanced and sideload to be able to apply the root.zip, you can also look for the flashable supersu.zip and flash it from recovery and that will root your device

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th May 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

211 posts
More
Thanks for your reply, I gained back the root.
Downloaded from PlayStore some app called Rebooted - went to recovery [TWRP if it has any influence] and flashed Dorimanx kernel,
the flashing is over, but nothing new... it just doesnt install nothing... so strange..
Last edited by maxwellz; 25th May 2014 at 02:15 PM.
25th May 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

211 posts
More
Anyone please?
25th May 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,635

2,340 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellz

Anyone please?

I suggest you start over. Not sure if you performed wipes(wipe all except internal).

But

1. flash kdz
2. root
3. autorec
4. wipe wipe wipe(except internal)
5. install
6. profit
The Following User Says Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread