Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Multiple Users/Profiles

Tip us?

flmayo24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Multiple Users/Profiles

I recently got my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T325) from HK, and it came with the latest firmware already (T325XXU1ANB6). I've watched a youtube video before, demonstrating how to activate mutiple users on the Tab Pro 8.4. However, I can't find it in the settings at all (Settings 》General). Has this feature been removed in the latest firmware update (and might possibly be region-dependent)?

FluffyR
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Region/Model dependent

flmayo24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyR View Post
Region/Model dependent
Thank you, kind sir.

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 25th May 2014 at 03:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 841

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmayo24 View Post
I recently got my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T325) from HK, and it came with the latest firmware already (T325XXU1ANB6). I've watched a youtube video before, demonstrating how to activate mutiple users on the Tab Pro 8.4. However, I can't find it in the settings at all (Settings 》General). Has this feature been removed in the latest firmware update (and might possibly be region-dependent)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyR View Post
Region/Model dependent
actually...its a pretty easy fix. If u only want that one feature then just root your device, edit your build prop by adding the line fw.max_users=5 (could probably use any number) to the very bottom, save & reboot...i have created a custom rom with it already enabled as well as a few more features i'm sure u will enjoy so i'll link to it below

Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2752944

^ProPlusV1 (custom rom for tab pro 8.4 lte sm-t325...can b flashed to other devics as well with boot.img swap)

flmayo24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
actually...its a pretty easy fix. If u only want that one feature then just root your device, edit your build prop by adding the line fw.max_users=5 (could probably use any number) to the very bottom, save & reboot...i have created a custom rom with it already enabled as well as a few more features i'm sure u will enjoy so i'll link to it below

^ProPlusV1 (custom rom for tab pro 8.4 lte sm-t325...can b flashed to other devics as well with boot.img swap)
I'll definitely consider this! Thank you, kind sir!