Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help needed! Bootloop and cant get to recovery

Tip us?

gsmyth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390
Default Help needed! Bootloop and cant get to recovery

I was trying to dual boot using the patcher app and had tried installing kangakat ROM as a secondary. Flashed and got stuck in a boot loop, couldn't get into recovery. Can get into download mode and have tried flashing a prerooted stock rom, which completed successfully. But wouldn't boot past the glowing Samsung logo, couldn't get into recovery still to wipe cacjhe/reset, so flashed pit file, still the same, tried flashing just a custom recovery and still the same, tried firmware with the pit file and still cat boot.

So everything seemed to flash OK via Odin, but still stuck with a phone that doesn't boot and I can't get into recovery. Anybody ideas as I have just about ran out, the only thing I can try is flashing an official stock firmware but I'm not holding out much hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 - GoldenEye
Nexus 7 32GB WiFi 2012 - Stock rooted 4.4.3

gsmyth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 390
Update:
Got sorted!! Pheeeeww!
When trying to boot recovery I held power and volume up, then released the power button but held volume up, got into recovery instead of booting then looping again. Sounds so simple but really thought I had really messed something up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 - GoldenEye
Nexus 7 32GB WiFi 2012 - Stock rooted 4.4.3