Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP!! Removed OS on htc one m8 verizon wipe TWRP

Tip us?

HeyNumbNutz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP!! Removed OS on htc one m8 verizon wipe TWRP

My phone now no longer boots as I accidentally removed the OS. How can I fix this?

GoBears
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNumbNutz View Post
My phone now no longer boots as I accidentally removed the OS. How can I fix this?
If you are s-off you can simply download the RUU and put it on your ext sdcard and then follow the instructions in the post. If you are not s-off just download a custom rom to your ext card and flash it in twrp.
Remember... Friends don't let friends use iOS.

HeyNumbNutz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
If you are s-off you can simply download the RUU and put it on your ext sdcard and then follow the instructions in the post. If you are not s-off just download a custom rom to your ext card and flash it in twrp.
Hi, can you explain how I can get an RUU. I am new to android since I just switched from iOS and have no clue how to do this.

GoBears
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Hi, can you explain how I can get an RUU. I am new to android since I just switched from iOS and have no clue how to do this.
There's a thread in the development by dotthat with the RUU for our phone. Just follow his directions exactly and you'll be back to out of the box fresh but still s-off.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Here's the thread for the RUU.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831

Personally, I would just flash CleanROM. It's a super stable and slick cleaned up stock rom by an awesome dev.

HeyNumbNutz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
There's a thread in the development by dotthat with the RUU for our phone. Just follow his directions exactly and you'll be back to out of the box fresh but still s-off.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Here's the thread for the RUU.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831

Personally, I would just flash CleanROM. It's a super stable and slick cleaned up stock rom by an awesome dev.
After I restore it back to stock with RUU, will I have to redo root, s-off and twrp recovery? or will everything stay the same and I will just have to add Roms back on

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,001

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
After I restore it back to stock with RUU, will I have to redo root, s-off and twrp recovery? or will everything stay the same and I will just have to add Roms back on
You will keep root. I have an ruu mode TWRP posted there to for your convenience. Alternatively you could flash TWRP and go to advanced and select adb sideload. You can then adb side load a rom to your device
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoBears
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
You will keep root. I have an ruu mode TWRP posted there to for your convenience. Alternatively you could flash TWRP and go to advanced and select adb sideload. You can then adb side load a rom to your device
Boom! There you go, doesn't get easier than that! Thank you Dottat for all the time and work you put into creating the RUU for us. It's very much appreciated.