Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more
Post Reply

this step for root xperia z1 C6903 Running 14.3.A.0.757 Firmware isn't right?

OP hell_no

23rd May 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
hello everyone , please help me to check the step root
i follow step from "gregbradley"
if this step wrong , please guide me
thanks

step root for xperia z1 C6903 Running 14.3.A.0.757 :

1. downgrade my firmware 14.3.A.0.757 to 14.1.G.1.534 14.1.G.1.534

2. flash it with flashtool flashtool

3. now my firmware change into 14.1.G.1.534

4. Download Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33 --> i dont know this for what
5. install the latest dual-recovery
Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.flashable.zip


6.Install a pre rooted 4.4 ROM of your choice (Find files and instructions in the development section) --> i dont know this means
23rd May 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,167
 
9,670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_no

hello everyone , please help me to check the step root
i follow step from "gregbradley"
if this step wrong , please guide me
thanks

step root for xperia z1 C6903 Running 14.3.A.0.757 :

1. downgrade my firmware 14.3.A.0.757 to 14.1.G.1.534 14.1.G.1.534

2. flash it with flashtool flashtool

3. now my firmware change into 14.1.G.1.534

4. Download Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33 --> i dont know this for what

Do not do step 4
Quote:

5. install the latest dual-recovery
Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA.flashable.zip


6.Install a pre rooted 4.4 ROM of your choice (Find files and instructions in the development section) --> i dont know this means

It means look for a pre rooted 4.4 rom in the development section, read the install instructions and then install it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Do not do step 4 It means look for a pre rooted 4.4 rom in the development section, read the install instructions and then install it.

1,2,3,5,6
right step ?

and than for step 6 , rom 4.4 right or not ?
24th May 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #4  
Ahki767's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CAT
Thanks Meter: 130
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Yes those are the right steps. And the link you post is 4.3, use this one
24th May 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Do not do step 4 It means look for a pre rooted 4.4 rom in the development section, read the install instructions and then install it.

Hey gregbradley,

So, I used to be a Samsung user, but now I moved to Sony. I got a Z1, which is currently running KK 14.3.A.0.757 fw; in order to root my device, I understand that I would first need to downgrade it to 14.1.G.1.534, install XZDR dual recovery and then get a pre-rooted KK fw - is that correct?

Thanks in advance for the help!
24th May 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #6  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonBR

So, I used to be a Samsung user, but now I moved to Sony. I got a Z1, which is currently running KK 14.3.A.0.757 fw; in order to root my device, I understand that I would first need to downgrade it to 14.1.G.1.534, install XZDR dual recovery and then get a pre-rooted KK fw - is that correct?

Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
case closed
xperia z1 .757 rooted

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank