Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S3 mom issues

Tip us?

Aoe316
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] S3 mom issues

Hello, I have a galaxy s4 but my mom has a galaxy s3. I rooted and put a rom on there for her 9 months ago so she is on 4.1.2 with the bootloader before the put knox on. She is visiting for 2 days so I dont exactly have the time to spend reading all day to figure this out.
I dont really see a reason for her needing root, so if I just odin here the new Verizon firmware with knox and wiped the phone will she be returned to stock like nothing happened. Will she be able to resevie updates through Verizon still after?
Would it be easier just to flash a new rom and just wait to i see her again in a year to update it?
If i did just flash a newer rom I should probably stay away from knox if possible right?

Thanks for the help.

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoe316 View Post
Hello, I have a galaxy s4 but my mom has a galaxy s3. I rooted and put a rom on there for her 9 months ago so she is on 4.1.2 with the bootloader before the put knox on. She is visiting for 2 days so I dont exactly have the time to spend reading all day to figure this out.
I dont really see a reason for her needing root, so if I just odin here the new Verizon firmware with knox and wiped the phone will she be returned to stock like nothing happened. Will she be able to resevie updates through Verizon still after?
Would it be easier just to flash a new rom and just wait to i see her again in a year to update it?
If i did just flash a newer rom I should probably stay away from knox if possible right?

Thanks for the help.
If you ask me it sounds like she doesn't really care so stock should work fine for her. If you go that way make sure you use triangle away before you Odin. Also if you plan to upgrade her to 4.3 you should just Odin right to it because the ota will change settings and make the phone buggy until a factory reset is done.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions

Aoe316
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Thanks man

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk