[Q] S3 mom issues

OP Aoe316

24th May 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 30

184 posts
More
Hello, I have a galaxy s4 but my mom has a galaxy s3. I rooted and put a rom on there for her 9 months ago so she is on 4.1.2 with the bootloader before the put knox on. She is visiting for 2 days so I dont exactly have the time to spend reading all day to figure this out.
I dont really see a reason for her needing root, so if I just odin here the new Verizon firmware with knox and wiped the phone will she be returned to stock like nothing happened. Will she be able to resevie updates through Verizon still after?
Would it be easier just to flash a new rom and just wait to i see her again in a year to update it?
If i did just flash a newer rom I should probably stay away from knox if possible right?

Thanks for the help.
24th May 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 572

988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoe316

Hello, I have a galaxy s4 but my mom has a galaxy s3. I rooted and put a rom on there for her 9 months ago so she is on 4.1.2 with the bootloader before the put knox on. She is visiting for 2 days so I dont exactly have the time to spend reading all day to figure this out.
I dont really see a reason for her needing root, so if I just odin here the new Verizon firmware with knox and wiped the phone will she be returned to stock like nothing happened. Will she be able to resevie updates through Verizon still after?
Would it be easier just to flash a new rom and just wait to i see her again in a year to update it?
If i did just flash a newer rom I should probably stay away from knox if possible right?

Thanks for the help.

If you ask me it sounds like she doesn't really care so stock should work fine for her. If you go that way make sure you use triangle away before you Odin. Also if you plan to upgrade her to 4.3 you should just Odin right to it because the ota will change settings and make the phone buggy until a factory reset is done.
25th May 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 30

184 posts
More
Thanks man

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread