FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Finding the right ROM for me

18th May 2014, 02:14 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
so what i really like in my stock 4.4.2 is the knock on /off and I tried CM 10.2 but sadly I noticed I dont have knock off...
I want a simple rom...I like how nexus clean version of android looks and feels..I want a minimalistic rom...

I really liked the option in the oneplus one to drow a pattern when the screen is of and activate a certian app if theres a rom wich include it ill like to hear(I guess maybe CM 11 but I havent tried it yet becuse its still in nightly version)
 
 
18th May 2014, 02:45 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I have a VS980, and I have flashed most of the ROMs available in the dev section for it. I don't believe that any AOSP-based ROM is going to have knock-off, so you would have to use one of the stock based (such as Malladus or XDABBEB). These in general aren't going to have minimalist look of AOSP based ROMs though.

Your other choice is to run an AOSP ROM with Xposed. I know that the Xposed GEL Settings module has an option to set double-tap to an action, though that may be a premium feature you have to donate to receive (which I recommend anyway, as it is an amazing module).
18th May 2014, 05:29 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdotcarter

I have a VS980, and I have flashed most of the ROMs available in the dev section for it. I don't believe that any AOSP-based ROM is going to have knock-off, so you would have to use one of the stock based (such as Malladus or XDABBEB). These in general aren't going to have minimalist look of AOSP based ROMs though.

Your other choice is to run an AOSP ROM with Xposed. I know that the Xposed GEL Settings module has an option to set double-tap to an action, though that may be a premium feature you have to donate to receive (which I recommend anyway, as it is an amazing module).

ill check the GEL module...what AOSP ROMs do you suggesting?
18th May 2014, 05:37 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I do have to donate to use the GEL sulotion...im sure im not the only one who dosent want to give up the KNOCK OFF but like the AOSP ROMs...can anyone give me a mod or Xposed module to get knock off on an AOSP ROM and of course suggest a ROM to try on...
18th May 2014, 08:46 PM |#5  
Compass Linux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
[Change Log] Paranoid Android [AOSPA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by liavo555

I do have to donate to use the GEL sulotion...im sure im not the only one who dosent want to give up the KNOCK OFF but like the AOSP ROMs...can anyone give me a mod or Xposed module to get knock off on an AOSP ROM and of course suggest a ROM to try on...

Paranoid Android has knock on + knock off (you have to use the notification bar; doesn't work anywhere else as far as I know).

The list of features is here: [Change Log] Paranoid Android [AOSPA]

Have fun!

Compass.
The Following User Says Thank You to Compass Linux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 12:15 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass Linux

Paranoid Android has knock on + knock off (you have to use the notification bar; doesn't work anywhere else as far as I know).

The list of features is here: [Change Log] Paranoid Android [AOSPA]

Have fun!

Compass.

yeah but i dont want to reach every time...and it wont be comftrable while driving for example
19th May 2014, 01:05 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Another option, if you're OK with using a launcher other than the GEL, is to install the Apex launcher. I believe it gives you desktop knock off in its free version.

Using this launcher, you can use any ROM you'd like, as long as it provides knock on. I think most ROMs for the G2 provide that.
20th May 2014, 01:14 AM |#8  
Compass Linux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liavo555

yeah but i dont want to reach every time...and it wont be comftrable while driving for example

I think you should search for voice controlled apps and such. I don't know if Google Voice can help you.

Compass.
25th May 2014, 06:10 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass Linux

I think you should search for voice controlled apps and such. I don't know if Google Voice can help you.

Compass.

I meant I dont want to reach the notification bar...becuse the way the phone is set at my car I can reach the bottom half of the screen without streching....

anyway...Ive seen several mods that gives me full KNOCK OFF and I am currently looking for a clean AOSP style ROM to use...if someone have a link for a guide that teachs how to use 2 roms so I can test a new one without having to back up and stuff i'd love to get it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes