Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] mobile network type unknown

Tip us?

ironside2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] mobile network type unknown

Hi everyone, I recently switched from a galaxy nexus to the gs3. And yes I've read through all the threads and such with a similar question. However, they all seem to have the topic issue from flashing a bad ROM. My gs3 though is totally stock running 4.3 and has already had the Sim card switched out. Is there a solution to fix the mobile network type unknown

Artimis
Old
(Last edited by Artimis; 25th May 2014 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside2011 View Post
Hi everyone, I recently switched from a galaxy nexus to the gs3. And yes I've read through all the threads and such with similar question. However, they all seem to have the topic issue from flashing a bad ROM. My gs3 though is totally stock running 4.3 and has already had the Sim card switched out. Is there a solution to fix the mobile network type unknown
Try powering down the phone, removing the sim card, and blowing into the card slot like an old Nintendo game cartridge. Make sure the contacts on the sim card are clean, then reinsert and power back up

May sound crazy but it's worked for me in the past.

Also make sure your GS3 isn't in GSM mode under settings > wireless and networks > more settings > mobile networks > network mode

ironside2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thank you all try that . it only started happening this week for some reason