Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Having Input - Screen Lag for a while - No solution so far

Tip us?

naveen_reloaded
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Service Having Input - Screen Lag for a while - No solution so far

http://dropproxy.com/f/74D

Here is the video i tried to take regarding the screen lag.

Its all real time , there is no , afaik any camera lag ( taken with sg3) , its pretty much how it looks . Also i have shown the FPS . You can see when i scroll slowly , the FPS drops to 20 or so making it jerky. if i do it fast , it reaches 50+ but not stable and not very responsive to my touch feedback either.

I have tried Bexus Kernel with OC GPU , still the same . Is there anyway to force the tablet to display at bare minimum of 30FPS ? I planned to read lot of PDF, but this jerkiness is giving me headache.

Can anyone help me ?

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 179
what rom are you running? no screen lag for me on a really old cm10 build. pretty much consistent framerate, though it is kinda slow
i think part of the problem here was B&N's choice of using a PowerVR SGX 540 GPU in this tablet. this particular GPU was also used in the entire original Samsung Galaxy S line, and is at this point 5-7 years old. not a particularly great GPU in my book. granted, we're not pushing a really high screen resolution (1024x600) but still, it's a really old GPU.

naveen_reloaded
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
CM 11 Snapshot M5 i think. Using along with Bexus kernel.

I can lower the resolution if needed , all i want is a stable framerate display , ready to sacrifice some battery too.

I agree the tablet is kind of old , but i just want to use this as some secondary reading tablet. i have no use for it now.

Audio33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try turning off "Magnification Gestures". This has caused input lag for me before.

Go to Settings>Accessibility

naveen_reloaded
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
its off only`

naveen_reloaded
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
bump