Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Solved]stuck on: sending 'bootloader' cant flash anything?

Tip us?

jxsl13
Old
(Last edited by jxsl13; 25th May 2014 at 11:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Solved]stuck on: sending 'bootloader' cant flash anything?

Hey there,
I tried to upgrade my Nexus 7 grouper using the 4.23 bootloader and some of the stock roms, cyanogenmod and miui as well as slimkat roms, it kinda didnt work out the way I wanted it to, now I am stuck on: sending 'bootloader' (2100 KB) while not having any recovery nor anything else on my nexus...
the bootloader seems broken, because it always doesnt response when I try to flash an img file..

Thankful for any help

Sh0man
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you get into fastboot mode?
Did you get the bootloader-grouper-4.23.img file from one of the factory images here?
What is the md5?
I've been reading that these factory image bootloaders (JWR66Y & KOT49H) do not work.
Check out these threads:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1907796
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post45043044

jxsl13
Old
(Last edited by jxsl13; 25th May 2014 at 03:08 PM.) Reason: preventing multiple posts
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It seems like I used the bootloader from nakasi-kot49h-factory-5e9db5e1
it has got the md5 hash 797a8ddfe19bfe4c485f8a8c119f1bdd
I tried to flash the 4.23 bootloader from the second link, which is the JWR66V version, but still cannot flash it, because by device freezes and the "Flashing bootloader-grouper-4.23.img" of Nexus Root Toolkit doesnt do anything than being stuck.

edit:

Ok , I managed to get my recovery back via fastboot.exe via "fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img"

jxsl13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I managed to flash normal custom roms via fastboot and adb sideload, but I cannot change the bootloader from the bricked 4.23 one to the one mentioned in the topics which should be a working one from the nexus 7 JWR66V build.

I always get the error

Code:
sending 'bootloader' (2100 KB).
OKAY [  0.333s]
writing 'bootloader'...
FAILED (remote: (InvalidState))
Any ideas?

jxsl13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The Unified Android Toolkit seems to overwrite the broken bootloader easily and after a few attempts of trying to write the factory image with the Unified Android Toolkit and trying out different usb slots, because I often got the error "Unknown Device" and thus Windows 7 could not install any drivers, it worked out.
Thanks