Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bluetooth audio quality sounds distorted/fuzzy! [4.2.2 Stock Firmware]

OP schoolsux

31st January 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gotham City
Thanks Meter: 1,160

482 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okey, so I finally got so pissed off about this - that I got an HTC One, coming with 4.2.2 pre-installed.
Funny thing is this phone had more or less the same bluetooth-audio problems in 4.2.2.
However when I did the update to 4.3 on the HTC One the sound quality became perfect! I also installed 4.4.2 recently on the HTC, but sound is still great whatsoever.

So if HTC didn't fix this in 4.3 by themselves, its probably a bluetooth-fix coming with 4.3+, which means ppl just have to sit tight for official 4.4.x or use CM11 meanwhile.

Offtopic: I don't really miss the LG G2 luckily, HTC One feels more premium in hand and the UI is very fast and well designed. The loss of better hardware specs is just some words on a paper. Hell, I would say the HTC One even feels snappier!
Last edited by schoolsux; 31st January 2014 at 03:31 PM.
2nd February 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #12  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 37

107 posts
I bought a BT 'headset' type thingy from Amazon that has APT-x on it as my current one is old and it has always sounded terrible via BT compared to wired.

The list of all APT-x BT stereo headphones is here... APT-X Headphone list. I found another list, but, it linked back to each individual page on this list, lol.

The one I chose to buy, primarily based on price, but also on user reviews was this one... BlueAnt Ribbon

I didn't want a big 'Beats' type deal, so it had to be a small model. The only ones I could find to buy in the US at a 'reasonable' price of $24 was the BlueAnt Ribbon and the HTC bluetooth stereo headphones. The HTC cost about twice as much with shipping. Mainly because the product is not (yet?) available in the US and the HTC is shipped from Taiwan after buying on Ebay.

There is a really slick silver looking dealy, but, I don't have $120 to blow on something that will likely function in the same capacity, but, looks cooler. Maybe when I spend more time making money and less time trolling XDA forums I can buy them, lol.
25th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
i know this is dragging a old thread up a bit but im having the same issues with my sony car stereo, it sounds as if bitrate is low and when you hit a high point in song its distorted crackly and hissy

has anyone found any solutions to this on 4.4.2 or is cm still the only decent fix? i like the LG features but i think all the decent ones have been ported over

any help would be amazing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth audio problem, bluetooth sound fuzzy crackling distorted, d802, lg g2
Previous Thread Next Thread