Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 41,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Messed up my phone, return to stock?

Tip us?

ruckfules99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I don't think it's a modem issue but you could try some if you like. Just flash them in your custom recovery, don't do any wipes.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42418958
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
I have the Canadian Modem (which is the one I already had) and it didn't fix the issues. I do not understand what the problem could be....is there other versions for Canada? (like other modem versions I could try?

http://i.imgur.com/yeLGJMx.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my settings.

netomel
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckfules99 View Post
I have the Canadian Modem (which is the one I already had) and it didn't fix the issues. I do not understand what the problem could be....is there other versions for Canada? (like other modem versions I could try?

http://i.imgur.com/yeLGJMx.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my settings.
If you saw the list of modems. There is more than one canadian versions rogers, bell and others you need to make sure which one is your version. When you purchased the phone they should tell you. From the company you bought it unless you got it unlocked. The screen shot shows what you have install not the version. Also you install cm 11 which is not and stable version. Look for cm 10.2. Which is jellybean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ruckfules99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by netomel View Post
If you saw the list of modems. There is more than one canadian versions rogers, bell and others you need to make sure which one is your version. When you purchased the phone they should tell you. From the company you bought it unless you got it unlocked. The screen shot shows what you have install not the version. Also you install cm 11 which is not and stable version. Look for cm 10.2. Which is jellybean.

Alright so I found a tutorial I thought I should try (since I felt like I was all out of options) and IT WORKED!!!

http://www.droidviews.com/install-an...ian-galaxy-s4/

The files I downloaded from them fixed everything! Wifi works, Calls work, nothing seems to be crashing right now!

Thank you guys for all your help and I hope the phone stays stable and I don't have to touch anything ever again lol

netomel
Old
(Last edited by netomel; 22nd May 2014 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckfules99 View Post
Alright so I found a tutorial I thought I should try (since I felt like I was all out of options) and IT WORKED!!!

http://www.droidviews.com/install-an...ian-galaxy-s4/

The files I downloaded from them fixed everything! Wifi works, Calls work, nothing seems to be crashing right now!

Thank you guys for all your help and I hope the phone stays stable and I don't have to touch anything ever again lol
I was going to tell you that too that you need it a modified version of firmware but I did not know where to point it out to you. We got a file similar for AT&T.
Great you find your solution and thanks for sharing it.

ruckfules99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by netomel View Post
I was going to tell you that too that you need it a modified version of firmware but I did not know where to point it out to you. We got a file similar for AT&T.
Great you find your solution and thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for all your help man. I've seen a few topics in this section about WIFI issues and etc on the S4. I hope people look at this topic and use the same solution I found.

music4jimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm thinking about unrooting and trying to update from 4.3 to kit kat. After your issues were fixed did you update to kit kat and is everything still working out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by music4jimmy View Post
I'm thinking about unrooting and trying to update from 4.3 to kit kat. After your issues were fixed did you update to kit kat and is everything still working out?

Keep in mind he had a i337m which is different than yours.

ruckfules99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by music4jimmy View Post

What I had to do was install Kitkat using that link I provided earlier. I am currently still on that kitkat version but if I was to reformat and install using kies or something it should still all work fine.

Keep in mind, I am on SGH-i337M and you are on i337.

gadarius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This worked for me also. The only problem is its not branded to Rogers. I was having the same issue with wifi as it would not turn on. I tried many firmwares for my model ex 4.2.2. 4.3. 4.4.2 and thay all didnt work. The only thing that worked was that link he provided.. Now id just like to get rogers branded back.