Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 44,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc one m8 bricked ?

Tip us?

MrH871
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Htc one m8 bricked ?

hi all

i have htc one m8, unlocked rooted i had previousl had viperOne rom installed and decided to change to Sky Dragon ... i wiped all the data system sd card etc and then proceeded to install the rom, installed the rom and then rebooted, recovery asked root access seems missing so i clicked no to install root access and now it is stuck on the htc screen with the this build is for dev purposes in red and now i cant get into recovery or bootloader ? what to dooooo

MrH871
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH871 View Post
hi all

i have htc one m8, unlocked rooted i had previousl had viperOne rom installed and decided to change to Sky Dragon ... i wiped all the data system sd card etc and then proceeded to install the rom, installed the rom and then rebooted, recovery asked root access seems missing so i clicked no to install root access and now it is stuck on the htc screen with the this build is for dev purposes in red and now i cant get into recovery or bootloader ? what to dooooo

i think their is no OS installed but i still should be able to access bootloader/recovery ?

Niorun
Old
(Last edited by Niorun; 22nd May 2014 at 05:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH871 View Post
i think their is no OS installed but i still should be able to access bootloader/recovery ?
I've had similar issues earlier today. Read my thread, maybe it'll help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759524

EDIT: If the screen 'hangs' press power button + volume up, wait for the screen to turn black and press volume down. That should get you into your bootloader!

// Current:
HTC One M8 S-On (M8_UL)
HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000
RADIO: 1.15.2133156.UA13G
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.2
ROM: ARHD v7.0 // Android v4.4.2 // HTC Sense v6.0
Script/MOD: Rom Cleaner v1.0 (Sense) // Sense 6 Toolbox // Harman & Kardon

// Retired:
HTC One X S-On (Endeavoru)
HBOOT: 1.72.0000
RADIO: 5.1204.167.31
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.0
ROM: ARHD v33.1 // Android v4.2.2 // HTC Sense v5.0
Script/MOD: ROM Cleaner v4.0 (Sense) // Sense 5 Toolbox // PureXAudio

wikwikwik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niorun View Post
I've had similar issues earlier today. Read my thread, maybe it'll help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759524

EDIT: If the screen 'hangs' press power button + volume up, wait for the screen to turn black and press volume down. That should get you into your bootloader!
Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikwikwik View Post
Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!
Have you tried flashing a stock recovery via fastboot? Or flash TWRP again then flash a stock nandroid backup from the backup/recovery thread?