Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][TILAPIA][21MAY] AICP - 4.0 - KK 4.4.2_r2

Tip us?
 
oblikas
Old
#1  
oblikas's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,285
Posts: 1,387
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bacau

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][TILAPIA][21MAY] AICP - 4.0 - KK 4.4.2_r2

.
.

AICP

Android Ice Cold Project


.
.
.
.
.

In the beginning I would like to thank:
  • AOKP team
  • CM team
  • maxwen
  • SlimBean rom team
  • ParanoidAndroid team
  • CarbonRom team
  • LiquidSmooth rom team
  • Omni rom team
  • Community



AICP m7 dev team:
DONATIONS:

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION is going there.
Thank you!!



What is AICP?
AICP is known by someone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since than evolved as a mature rom with the BEST community you can find!!!
Rom has always been AOKP based so expect all AOKP goodies + new additions.
If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or AOKP team if it conserns their modifications. This rom isn't AOKP supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!



LATEST STABLE RELEASE + CHANGELOG (INCLUDED IN DL LINK)
Download: LINK

What's New:

  • Smart Phone Call
  • On-The-Go mode
  • DSP Manager
  • Mock SMS
  • App Circle sidebar
  • Floating window with multitasking
  • Add new API and people lookup settings (thanks to Xiao-Long Chen)
  • 2G, LTE and Networkstate toggles
  • Location toggle enhancements
  • Status Bar Color, Time and Data Actions
  • Contextual notification header
  • Audio Themes
  • (You'll need to create /sdcard/SoundPacks folder and place soundpack zips there: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407578237 and/or https://app.box.com/s/ok729zc4gljgshhwpji3 and/or http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407578454 (^^^ three sound themes for you to choose from)
  • Then go to Settings/Sound/Sound packs, install and select a sound pack you want to use.)
  • LockScreen: allow long-press actions from hardware keys
  • MediaScanner behavior on boot
  • SIM Card management
  • Chamber of Secrets
  • Camera: Powerkey Shutter
  • Power connect/disconnect notification support
  • Bring in Music toggle from ICJ42
  • Mirroring Layout on RTL languages
  • OmniSwitch fixes
  • Hang off call by power button while screen is on
  • frameworks_av patches and fixes
  • SleepToggle: add longClick to bring up Power menu
  • DownloadManager: add support pause/resume/stop notifications
  • More Keyguard colors
  • More Lockscreen colors
  • App sidebar: floating window
  • New audio effects added
  • Active Display code fix-ups and improvements
  • Proper quiet hours + Battery LED fix
  • Add a timer to screen record
  • AICP extras PERESTROJKA
  • Add 1dp for navbar height
  • Gallery2 fixes and updates, zillions of them
  • Set expanded desktop through profiles
  • SlimRecents scaling and lefty mode
  • Menu and dialog box transparancies
  • Merge back into single kitkat branch
  • Quite Hours fixes
  • Blacklist provider permissions
  • Lockscreen blur enhancements
  • Fix Notification transparency after reboot
  • And many many other fixes and enhancements..

Actual version: AICP 4.0 - 21-05-2014


What's New
  • SEE CHANGELOG IN DL LINK



Feature list:
  • AOKP features
  • TRDS Dark switch
  • Halo
  • OmniSwitch
  • Profiles
  • Lockscsreen Notifications
  • Active Display
  • Wakelock blocker
  • System app Remover
  • Animations
  • Lockecreen color theming
  • Lockscreen blur, gestures etc...
  • etc...


IceColdJelly AICP G+ community


What's Broken:


ROMS
ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy JB. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.




How to flash:

  • Don't do it if you don't know it
  • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes


You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!


If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!


kernel git
rom gerrit


XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [28FEB] AICP - 4.0 - KK 4.4.2_r2, a ROM for the Nexus 7 2012 3G

Contributors
@oblikas @n3ocort3x, @LorD ClockaN , @zipsnet , @semdoc , @eyosen

Version Information
Status: Stable
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-19

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2014-05-21
 
semdoc
Old
#2  
semdoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,828
Posts: 2,323
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul

 
DONATE TO ME
Subscribed
Htc ONE M7 Int:

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Nexus 7 2013 LTE (deb):

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Daily AICP KitKat 4.4.4 Builds for m7 | deb | flo

AICP (Android Ice Cold Project) COMMUNITY ON Google +
The Following User Says Thank You to semdoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Qafix
Old
#3  
Qafix's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 40
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
I have it installed already for a few hours and I am very impressed with this especially the integration of all the features.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of FC for me. Like almost everything would FC before i even try to open it and it happens so frequently. I would get 4-5 reports of 'unfortunately these apps have stopped' at a time. This started since the initial startup after a fresh install.

Currently I'm using with stock gapps from paranoid. Tried using the mini modular version but Google keyboard would not start up after crashing when I need to put in a wifi password. Full version manage to go through. Even as I'm writing this a slew of apps have stopped working for no reason.

Would really love to have a solution to this, because the features of the rom are just too cool. Pun intended. Salute to @oblikas !!

I'm gonna try flashing franco kernel to see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

[/COLOR @oblikas One question though, why are superSU and superuser both pre installed? Why not just one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
semdoc
Old
#4  
semdoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,828
Posts: 2,323
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qafix View Post
I have it installed already for a few hours and I am very impressed with this especially the integration of all the features.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of FC for me. Like almost everything would FC before i even try to open it and it happens so frequently. I would get 4-5 reports of 'unfortunately these apps have stopped' at a time. This started since the initial startup after a fresh install.

Currently I'm using with stock gapps from paranoid. Tried using the mini modular version but Google keyboard would not start up after crashing when I need to put in a wifi password. Full version manage to go through. Even as I'm writing this a slew of apps have stopped working for no reason.

Would really love to have a solution to this, because the features of the rom are just too cool. Pun intended. Salute to @oblikas !!

I'm gonna try flashing franco kernel to see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

[/COLOR @oblikas One question though, why are superSU and superuser both pre installed? Why not just one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Can you try to install latest AICP GAPPS from AICP Download Page ?
Htc ONE M7 Int:

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Nexus 7 2013 LTE (deb):

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Daily AICP KitKat 4.4.4 Builds for m7 | deb | flo

AICP (Android Ice Cold Project) COMMUNITY ON Google +
The Following User Says Thank You to semdoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Qafix
Old
#5  
Qafix's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 40
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by semdoc View Post
Can you try to install latest AICP GAPPS from AICP Download Page ?
I'm trying it already for a day but apps are still fc. I cleaned install so I don't know why it's still happening. Thinking of switching back to slim if i can't resolve this. Do you have any problems with the ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
semdoc
Old
#6  
semdoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,828
Posts: 2,323
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qafix View Post
I'm trying it already for a day but apps are still fc. I cleaned install so I don't know why it's still happening. Thinking of switching back to slim if i can't resolve this. Do you have any problems with the ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
1. Did you restored any app via TiBu?
2. Did you have installed any custom theme?

Please flash without restoring them try again...

Sent by my AICPified deb
Htc ONE M7 Int:

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Nexus 7 2013 LTE (deb):

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Daily AICP KitKat 4.4.4 Builds for m7 | deb | flo

AICP (Android Ice Cold Project) COMMUNITY ON Google +
 
Qafix
Old
#7  
Qafix's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 40
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by semdoc View Post
1. Did you restored any app via TiBu?
2. Did you have installed any custom theme?

Please flash without restoring them try again...

Sent by my AICPified deb
Yes I did for TiBu, no for custom theme. But I have tried not doing it as well. Like I somewhat mentioned previously the whole fc starts even during setup. And sometimes there are random reboots and random shut down. Also once when I was charging my device got really hot until I rebooted it.

As I've said, I've tried not restoring through TiBu. But is it also causing problems just by having the app on my device as well?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
semdoc
Old
#8  
semdoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,828
Posts: 2,323
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Istanbul

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qafix View Post
Yes I did for TiBu, no for custom theme. But I have tried not doing it as well. Like I somewhat mentioned previously the whole fc starts even during setup. And sometimes there are random reboots and random shut down. Also once when I was charging my device got really hot until I rebooted it.

As I've said, I've tried not restoring through TiBu. But is it also causing problems just by having the app on my device as well?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I'm using Hellium for backing up my apps...

Restoring with TiBu is dangerous almost everytime - when you switchng custom ROM's...
Htc ONE M7 Int:

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Nexus 7 2013 LTE (deb):

ROM: AICP KitKat 4.4.4

Daily AICP KitKat 4.4.4 Builds for m7 | deb | flo

AICP (Android Ice Cold Project) COMMUNITY ON Google +
 
Qafix
Old
#9  
Qafix's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 40
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by semdoc View Post
I'm using Hellium for backing up my apps...

Restoring with TiBu is dangerous almost everytime - when you switchng custom ROM's...
Doesn't matter what app you're using, but thanks for letting me know. Like I said, the fc have been going on since startup and I have tried not having TiBu installed in the system and the fc still happens. Restoring through other methods doesn't matter anyway since every time I clean installed it'll start to fc since set up and continue on even after restoring regardless of TiBu or not. I have also tried with different kinds of gapps but still the problem persists. It's a bummer that my device cannot accept AICP, just when I thought there's some more developers support for tilapia in general. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my queries.

To the AICP team, much respect to you guys. AICP will definitely be on my watch list.
 
samsungmario
Old
#10  
samsungmario's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 142
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Auckland
Thanks for this rom Oblikas. All smooth and customised. The only other thing I added was a pie app. No FCs here except for aicp ota app. Tried with stock kernel and now using mkernel to bump up speed a bit more. Thumbs Up!
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 Stock 4.4.2 TW
Samsung Galaxy S2 CM 11 4.4.2
Acer Iconia A500 JB 4.2.2 CM 10
Nexus 7 2012 3G Kitkat 4.4.2

The Following User Says Thank You to samsungmario For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes