No registration required

Downloading apk files directly from Google Play

OP mkhopper

23rd May 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

169 posts
More
This isn't my tool, but I thought I'd give folks the heads up for those who may not be aware of it.

I figured there had to be an easier method of getting apk packages to the FTV without installing them on a separate device first and then pulling the package from it.

APK Downloader
Just put the URL of the package into the field and it will generate a link for you to download directly. No need for your Google ID or anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkhopper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Washington D.C./Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 1

192 posts
More
Service
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhopper

This isn't my tool, but I thought I'd give folks the heads up for those who may not be aware of it.

I figured there had to be an easier method of getting apk packages to the FTV without installing them on a separate device first and then pulling the package from it.

APK Downloader
Just put the URL of the package into the field and it will generate a link for you to download directly. No need for your Google ID or anything.

Interestingly enough I came across this same site when looking for ways to get apk files to try on my FireTV. They have always hit their download limit when I've tried a direct download, however if that happens their Chrome extention works well and is safe (although if you are like be and use OTP with your Google account, you will need to create an application specific password, which is actually a good idea in terms of safety). Once the extension is configured correctly there will be an additional icon in your address bar when you visit play.google.com that will let you download the apk of whatever free Google App Store page you are on.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeBG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread