Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downloading apk files directly from Google Play

Tip us?

mkhopper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Downloading apk files directly from Google Play

This isn't my tool, but I thought I'd give folks the heads up for those who may not be aware of it.

I figured there had to be an easier method of getting apk packages to the FTV without installing them on a separate device first and then pulling the package from it.

APK Downloader
Just put the URL of the package into the field and it will generate a link for you to download directly. No need for your Google ID or anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkhopper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeeBG
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhopper View Post
This isn't my tool, but I thought I'd give folks the heads up for those who may not be aware of it.

I figured there had to be an easier method of getting apk packages to the FTV without installing them on a separate device first and then pulling the package from it.

APK Downloader
Just put the URL of the package into the field and it will generate a link for you to download directly. No need for your Google ID or anything.
Interestingly enough I came across this same site when looking for ways to get apk files to try on my FireTV. They have always hit their download limit when I've tried a direct download, however if that happens their Chrome extention works well and is safe (although if you are like be and use OTP with your Google account, you will need to create an application specific password, which is actually a good idea in terms of safety). Once the extension is configured correctly there will be an additional icon in your address bar when you visit play.google.com that will let you download the apk of whatever free Google App Store page you are on.
Available for translating XDA-related application and roms text into Japanese (please try and limit text that needs to be translated to 250 words or less).
---
利用可能な英語にはXDA関連するアプリケーションまたは。
---
10+ Years of PHP (As well as most web-related languages) Experience. Available for coding official XDA or XDA-related projects (including but not limited to vBulletin hacks/mods/etc).
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeBG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]