Update to 4.4.2 Kit Kat: Yes or No?

OP Planterz

17th May 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #31  
Flag Brasilia-DF
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
More
Hi,

I purchased for my son, a new LG G Pad 8.3. I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 recently.

But, after upgrade, I noticed that I cannot move apps to the external microsd card. This option is enabled in my Samsung Note 8 with 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).

So, I would like to know:

1) Is there any way to move apps to microsd ? In LG G Pad with 4.2 (Jelly Bean), this option is enabled ?
2) There is some way to restore my 4.2.2 Jelly Bean original firmware ?

Tks in advance.

Best regards,
17th May 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #32  
Flag Land of horizon and sea
Thanks Meter: 238

376 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gersonstandke

Hi,

I purchased for my son, a new LG G Pad 8.3. I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 recently.

But, after upgrade, I noticed that I cannot move apps to the external microsd card. This option is enabled in my Samsung Note 8 with 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).

So, I would like to know:

1) Is there any way to move apps to microsd ? In LG G Pad with 4.2 (Jelly Bean), this option is enabled ?
2) There is some way to restore my 4.2.2 Jelly Bean original firmware ?

Tks in advance.

Best regards,

1°-Yes you can move apps to the external card in 4.2.2 with a few applications on the market. But kitkat is no longer possible due to the restrictions imposed by google.
2°-Yes you can restore to official 4.2.2. Gives a sneak peek here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ification.html

Cheers
Hugo
25th May 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hello does anybody know if 4.4.2 is available for the verizon variant of this tablet?
26th May 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #34  
Flag Joćo Pessoa
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
People reported a brightness issue when upgrading to stock kitkat. You might wanna look into that.
26th May 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #35  
Flag Land of horizon and sea
Thanks Meter: 238

376 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagleda

Hello does anybody know if 4.4.2 is available for the verizon variant of this tablet?

Yes there is, do a search

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptargino

People reported a brightness issue when upgrading to stock kitkat. You might wanna look into that.

I for example I am not having the brightness issue after upgrading to kitkat...until now satisfies my needs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread