Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from santod040: 4.4.2 m8(2014) Google Play Edition Port!

★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

Tip us?

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
Well, hopefully I did answer your question, as that was my intention with my response.
Each version of Sense (Sense 5, 5.5, 6.0) has multiple revisions(release key versions) which bring fixes, new features, and variations from one devices base to another.
Google Play Edition, has had one version per Android version.
There are not 15 different HTC devices getting variations of GPE, there are 2.
I have ported them both, not much more to work with, if you catch what I was originally getting at...
You certainly did! Thanks for the answer and also for the great rom!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

johnwaug
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I just noticed that the new Google camera is force closing when trying to do panoramas or 360 pics. Is this just me or known issue?

santod040
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwaug View Post
I just noticed that the new Google camera is force closing when trying to do panoramas or 360 pics. Is this just me or known issue?

That's currently a known issue in this port, but only if you updated from the one included in the GPE base.
The one that was included in the rom, works.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One | HTC One (2014)

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdizzle404
Old
Thanks Meter 1085

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
That's currently a known issue in this port, but only if you updated from the one included in the GPE base.
The one that was included in the rom, works.
is there a gsm setting in the menu? I cant seem to find it just lte,3g and 2g
Htc Droid DNA
Grouper
A Must Read for Noob to Dev!
^^^^A good read while you let your phone sit for 10
If Ive helped you please hit THANKS

Jeepin
Old
(Last edited by Jeepin; 16th May 2014 at 04:22 AM.) Reason: Adding additional info
Thanks Meter 3
Default Screen timeout during call issue.....

I believe I may have found a bug.... During phone calls my screen doesn't "lock or sleep" when talking. What I mean is, it goes dark when held to my face or the sensor is covered it is still a functional touch screen. So even though nothing is displayed, if anything touches the screen, like my face, it will access touch screen functions as if the screen was awake. I have called my voice mail during calls, accessed deep into the menu and activated other apps unintentionally while on calls. I have ended up hanging up on people several times because of this. Has anyone else discovered this as an issue? You can test by placing a call, covering the sensor so the screen blacks out then touch the screen where you know you can access something like a clock widget or even the notification bar then uncover the sensor to see if anything was activated.

Other than that, this is the best overall functioning ROM I've used on my DNA. I really appreciate all the work put into the development of this.
If it turns out just being my phone, I'll deal with it. Don't really like talking on the phone much anyway!

I should mention I am on the latest 1.0.6 release

Thanks again!!

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
I believe I may have found a bug.... During phone calls my screen doesn't "lock or sleep" when talking. What I mean is, it goes dark when held to my face or the sensor is covered it is still a functional touch screen. So even though nothing is displayed, if anything touches the screen, like my face, it will access touch screen functions as if the screen was awake. I have called my voice mail during calls, accessed deep into the menu and activated other apps unintentionally while on calls. I have ended up hanging up on people several times because of this. Has anyone else discovered this as an issue? You can test by placing a call, covering the sensor so the screen blacks out then touch the screen where you know you can access something like a clock widget or even the notification bar then uncover the sensor to see if anything was activated.

Other than that, this is the best overall functioning ROM I've used on my DNA. I really appreciate all the work put into the development of this.
If it turns out just being my phone, I'll deal with it. Don't really like talking on the phone much anyway!

Thanks again!!
Yup, same issue here. Talked to my daughter last week about an hour before I went to bed, and somehow managed to change the time zone so I got up 3 hours early for work.

JPHoller
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post

Thanks again!!
I have had this happen on this ROM and others. I thought it was proximity sensor, installed and set up rezound proximity app from play store and still had issue. Then I thought it was due to running kernels with S2W features, as I would be deep into my settings and calling voicemail as well. Still not sure if that has anything to do with it as I have noticed it happening (though extremely less frequently) on other ROMs kernels.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Sent from whatever device I'm using this month!!

Palm Pre>Samsung Moment>HTC Hero> Nexus S > Droid Incredible > Droid Bionic > LG Spectrum > Galaxy Nexus > Droid Razr M > Nokia Lumia 928 > Droid DNA. Don't even make me list the tablets.......

takota6
Old
Thanks Meter 108
After reading santods other posts I understand that the little quirks won't be cleaned up until an M7 gpe ?

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Anyone who's had issues with GPS have any luck getting it working? In version 1.0.6, it worked the first day I installed it, but every time I've tried to use Google Maps Navigation since then, it'll get a lock and then immediately lose it. I've tried clean installs, running the stock kernel, running the alternate kernel, and running several versions of the IHate kernel, all with no luck.

JPHoller
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by takota6 View Post
After reading santods other posts I understand that the little quirks won't be cleaned up until an M7 gpe ?
Yeah, but I am running into this issue on all Roms and different kernel combinations.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sent from whatever device I'm using this month!!

Palm Pre>Samsung Moment>HTC Hero> Nexus S > Droid Incredible > Droid Bionic > LG Spectrum > Galaxy Nexus > Droid Razr M > Nokia Lumia 928 > Droid DNA. Don't even make me list the tablets.......