Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM9, CM10, CM11... which one to choose?

Tip us?

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob714 View Post
I was using CM9 for a while and recently went to CM11. While others are sharing great success and how great things are running, I haven't been too happy with it. Apps that would normally run are now lagging like no other. Waking up from sleep seems to be an issue. Random reboots. I also still can't access the sounds setting without settings FCing on me. Eh, best of luck to whatever you choose!
Which CM11 are /have had problems with? I'm running Milaq's latest and it's running perfectly for me.

silentbob714
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
Which CM11 are /have had problems with? I'm running Milaq's latest and it's running perfectly for me.
JC Sullins

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob714 View Post
JC Sullins
Yes, I think it is based on Milaq's but hasn't been updated for a while. As you are already set up for data /media roms I would suggest you try Milaq's, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. (with a clean install)

Good luck and have fun.

silentbob714
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
Yes, I think it is based on Milaq's but hasn't been updated for a while. As you are already set up for data /media roms I would suggest you try Milaq's, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. (with a clean install)

Good luck and have fun.
Thanks.. I'll give it a try

a in yul
Old
Thanks Meter 4
the latest from jcsullins is super easy to install via toolbox, and netflix works too!!

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsolis831 View Post
I was on CM9 for a long time and quite happy but decided to make the jump to CM11/4.4.2 and have zero regrets.

The updated look and feel is well worth it, the interface and UI is super responsive and much quicker than CM9. This may be due in part to having to do a full uninstall of CM. Battery life is great.

I am on 20140409-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins which is a data media build and frankly was not hard to setup. AcmeInstaller takes care of everything and the only real additional step was resizing the partitions which was super easy with the .zips, I highly recommend mpgrimm2's guide and if you can find it Roland Deschain's guide. Give it a couple of reads and it's really not hard.

Netflix won't work out of the box but again, the fix is super easy, use method #2 from this thread and enjoy, just one .zip to flash and just make sure you are on Netflix 3.2.1 and do not have autoupdate on.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2405995

I highly recommend spending about 15 minutes to read through the setup guides, then another 20-30 minutes to go through the uninstall and fresh install of CM11. You will not regret it.

the latest from jcsullins is super easy to install via toolbox, and netflix works too!!
SG3/IP5/N72013/N721012HSPA/HPTPxx
ATRIX 4G/Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant/SGTab P1000m/HP Touchpad WebOS/RETIRED
TP2:CDMA running Mighty Mike ROM RETIRED
Kaiser:TPC 6.5 V.11 MegaWWE Radio 1.70.19.09 RETIRED
TyTn:ROM:WM 6.5.1 Core 23075/21869WWE Golden Globe V24 MEGA-TAI Edition
Radio version:1.48.00.10) RETIRED
S200: RETIRED
ROM:2.20.7.34 WWE Date: 7/10/06 IPL:2.09 SPL:2.09.0000
Radio:02.07.20 Protocol:4 13.1.03 OS: 220734
VOGUE: CDMA RETIRED