Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony the all so developer friendly company

Tip us?

jatinrungta
Old
Thanks Meter 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-Geenexus View Post
That's right, still there is no point in calling Sony least dev friendly.
Samsung is by far the least dev and user friendly company.

It's a Nexus
Yea samsung sucks! It even has a counter to count flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to jatinrungta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vittogn
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinshoryuken View Post
Um I actually thing Sony is the least developer friendly company...

I had various brand phone and HTC/Samsung blows Sony in terms of development...

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
This is probably correct from a theoretical view point.
From a user view point I see much less AOSP rom available for Z1 (nothing for Z2) compared to S4, M7 and G2.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
Ciao.
Vittore

Nexus 10 (Stock 4.4.2) - Nexus 4 (Stock 4.4.2) - Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2) - LG G2 D802 (CM 11 M6)

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 37961
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmingli View Post
I agreed, if you like to play around with your phone, HTC M8 is the one to go, last time I checked there were about 20 different ROMs out there, plus you can do audio mod, viper audio, harmon kardon, super CID, sim unlock, S on off.......

Sony phones has smaller community, not too much developments, I had the Xperia ZL and I still have Z ultra, so I know.
you are using non-flagship (ZL), niche devices (Z Ultra) and you are comparing to flagships? how can you expect loads of ROMs/kernels?

# of ROMs are least important - i can create a shell script to spit out 50 different ROMs which will vary just by a few apps but which some of the cooks in Sammy/HTC community "market" as "new ROMs"... thats completely useless...

Audio MODs? look at Z, Z1 communities... LOADS of Audio MODS...

Super CID => useless for Sony users as we can anyways flash WHICH EVER REGION FIRMWARE WE WANT! thats called FREEDOM & FLEXIBILITY!

SIM Unlock | S on/off => Sony bootloaders are TOUGH to crack, the last time someone was able to do so was in 2011... after that NO SONY DEVICE HAS BEEN HACKED... very secure bootloader... AND YOU SHOULD BE VERY HAPPY THAT THIS IS THE CASE!

also achieving such SIM Unlocks / S on/off is largely dependent on the user community... more the user base, more likelyhood of having more devs... when the expert unlockers see that there is potential (large user base) they either wait for a big bounty to cash in or start selling their exploits to developers who create paid "UNLOCKING SOFTWARE"...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

strongylad28
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Coming from a HTC one m7 and unlocking bootloader and rooting the day of purchase, I am a little gutted my bootloader can't be unlocked and therefore can't get root. Roms are nice to have in buckets, but not essential. I stuck with 1 rom through the 12 months I had the m7. However I do badly hope someone finds a way to root the z2 with locked boot loaders. There's a few tweaks I'd really like to do on mine, to make it more to my taste.

One can hope! The guys who spend there time working on this kind of thing are amazing, so I'm sure if it can be done, it will be, and I thank them for trying! (just hope someone somewhere is making progress, or even working on it ha)

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Sony Z2 - Black Locked bootloader

AndroidInsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
you are using non-flagship (ZL), niche devices (Z Ultra) and you are comparing to flagships? how can you expect loads of ROMs/kernels?

# of ROMs are least important - i can create a shell script to spit out 50 different ROMs which will vary just by a few apps but which some of the cooks in Sammy/HTC community "market" as "new ROMs"... thats completely useless...

Audio MODs? look at Z, Z1 communities... LOADS of Audio MODS...

Super CID => useless for Sony users as we can anyways flash WHICH EVER REGION FIRMWARE WE WANT! thats called FREEDOM & FLEXIBILITY!

SIM Unlock | S on/off => Sony bootloaders are TOUGH to crack, the last time someone was able to do so was in 2011... after that NO SONY DEVICE HAS BEEN HACKED... very secure bootloader... AND YOU SHOULD BE VERY HAPPY THAT THIS IS THE CASE!

also achieving such SIM Unlocks / S on/off is largely dependent on the user community... more the user base, more likelyhood of having more devs... when the expert unlockers see that there is potential (large user base) they either wait for a big bounty to cash in or start selling their exploits to developers who create paid "UNLOCKING SOFTWARE"...
When you put it like this it makes me want a Z2 even more.... But from your experience. Do you think that in the near future we will have ROMs that are compatible with locked bootloaders? ( I don't want to unlock a Sony boot loader. As with the Z1 it lost some camera software making low light pictures worse, no idea if that's the case with z2)

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out