Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Reasons you SHOULD buy a M.O.J.O

OP zektor

20th May 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

168 posts
There are many reasons to buy the device, but here are some of the highlights:

1. Runs stock Android. Not some heavily secured or modified version as seen on the FireTV, Ouya, etc

2. Rooting does NOT void your warranty. The company (Mad Catz) actually EMBRACES it!

3. It is bar non the most powerful Android set top box available today. No other cheap knockoff compares.

4. It contains the well renowned Nvidia Tegra 4 processor and all of the power that comes with it.

5. The controller is a nice, solid piece of equipment equivalent to a Xbox 360 controller

6. It has USB 3.0 (very few tv boxes have this)

7. It handles a slew of addons. I have a 7-port USB 3 hub, 2TB hard drive, two USB controllers, wireless mouse and keyboard.

8. It's more than just a game console. It has literally become my PC. It is that powerful!

9. It has nothing to do with "Amiga and Wolves". Actually, there is a UAE emulator, so it does have something to do with the Amiga...so that is ok. As long as it has nothing to do with the prior

10. It is priced *right* at $199. Once you realize how versatile this device is, it is a bargain. I almost want a second one as a spare, but will wait to see if any K1 boxes come out in the future.

There are many more reasons of course, but that is my top ten list. Great device!
Last edited by zektor; 20th May 2014 at 11:51 PM.
25th May 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 13

276 posts
More
I agree..
But lately I bought my second CTRLR and would say that the CTRLR is actually the best part of MOJO!
As time goes on, others are catching up with the mojo's specs... while the CTRLR is really unique.
Im no order:
1. Travel clip for your mobile (better then the shield IMHO)
2. Mouse mode is really excellent, especially compared to other consoles that dont have it
3. PC/Mac gamepad, including mouse mood.. I use mine as a wireless mouse and yes media keys work!
4. Great battery life and AAA is good because i have rechargables for remotes
5. Excellent build quality
6. Media keys.. Works great and i can use then without looking
7. BT4 ready for new devices
Last edited by gwaldo; 25th May 2014 at 03:05 PM.
25th May 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 40

501 posts
I think the MOJO is a good stational alternative to Shield but then the price is a little high cuz you get the same hardware in a mobile device for the same price.
If they would reduce the price to at least $150, I'd think about buying one to replace my Ouya.
25th May 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 94

338 posts
More
Honestly, I've stopped using mine. I'll sell it for $150. It's rooted, of course.
26th May 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRyno

Honestly, I've stopped using mine. I'll sell it for $150. It's rooted, of course.

Can I ask why you stopped using your MOJO? Just curious.

Gaming is the main reason why you should buy a MOJO. Great for emulation and certain android games. The selection of games isn't bad, I mean how many android games can you play at a time? There is plenty of material of solid games that can take up quite a bit of time. Media playback is mediocre for me. Price is too high for what you get. I agree with gwaldo, the controller is awesome. If kit Kat comes and ouya store comes and some bug fixes come, i'd say its a great system. I would however need a replacement if I were to get rid of it, because I love the android on big screen and mojo does well with it overall. It's by far my fastest android I have. Just needs some fine tuning and I hope it comes
26th May 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 94

338 posts
More
I wanted a streaming media giant that played all my console games... The experience is less than ideal streaming media-wise with the MOJO. I dunno...I still use it for game emulation sometimes, but it has been at least a month. I love the controller, though.

I actually bought a Note PRO 12.2, and since then I spend more time on it than any other device. I have it paired with a keyboard and controller so it does everything I wanted the MOJO for except Tegra 4...which I am living without. It's like having my own TV and my wife can't change the show on Netflix or make me turn my game off. The SPen is the icing on the cake, really.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread