Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

undervolting

25th May 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag sialkot
Thanks Meter: 66

191 posts
More
has someone undervolted is his atrix hd if yes then how and what were the rom and kernel settings kindly please help me
25th May 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,862

2,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_man

has someone undervolted is his atrix hd if yes then how and what were the rom and kernel settings kindly please help me

You're lucky I remembered I uploaded my screenshots to G+ with my voltage table

See where it starts going down in 25mV intervals, do that all the way to the bottom (the app there is Kernel Tuner). The top two frequencies can be dropped by 25, but from there and any lower on the top two and you'll get an undervolt forced reboot. Some of the low end freqs might be able to go a bit lower than what my scale gives, you'll just have to test yourself since every phone is different in the undervolt department. And do not set it to activate on boot until you've pushed your phone a bit and know those voltages work. It is possible to undervolt brick a phone forcing you to do a factory reset to remove the saved undervolt values (or a full rom install if you save bad undervolt settings in an init.d script).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag sialkot
Thanks Meter: 66

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude

See where it starts going down in 25mV intervals, do that all the way to the bottom (the app there is Kernel Tuner). The top two frequencies can be dropped by 25, but from there and any lower on the top two and you'll get an undervolt forced reboot. Some of the low end freqs might be able to go a bit lower than what my scale gives, you'll just have to test yourself since every phone is different in the undervolt department. And do not set it to activate on boot until you've pushed your phone a bit and know those voltages work. It is possible to undervolt brick a phone forcing you to do a factory reset to remove the saved undervolt values (or a full rom install if you save bad undervolt settings in an init.d script).

so are these values arlready lowered or are these stock values ? and which rom were these settings made ?
Last edited by mega_man; 25th May 2014 at 03:15 PM.
25th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Deltona
Thanks Meter: 812

1,928 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

so are these values arlready lowered or are these stock values ? and which rom were these settings made ?

Rom shouldn't be an issue, this a kernel feature to undervolt cpu.
25th May 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,862

2,850 posts
More
Quote:

Guessing at the rom....probably PAC 4.4, but like Techno said, that really doesn't matter. And those are lowered.
26th May 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 58

262 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude

Thanks, mate! It was trial and error, wasn't it? Is it too noticeable the battery save?
26th May 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

113 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchito

Thanks, mate! It was trial and error, wasn't it? Is it too noticeable the battery save?

It doesn't make a big difference for me, but you should just try and see it yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arjomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread