Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 46,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

undervolting

Tip us?

mega_man
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default undervolting

has someone undervolted is his atrix hd if yes then how and what were the rom and kernel settings kindly please help me

Don't Forget to press Thanks if i helped you

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_man View Post
has someone undervolted is his atrix hd if yes then how and what were the rom and kernel settings kindly please help me
You're lucky I remembered I uploaded my screenshots to G+ with my voltage table

See where it starts going down in 25mV intervals, do that all the way to the bottom (the app there is Kernel Tuner). The top two frequencies can be dropped by 25, but from there and any lower on the top two and you'll get an undervolt forced reboot. Some of the low end freqs might be able to go a bit lower than what my scale gives, you'll just have to test yourself since every phone is different in the undervolt department. And do not set it to activate on boot until you've pushed your phone a bit and know those voltages work. It is possible to undervolt brick a phone forcing you to do a factory reset to remove the saved undervolt values (or a full rom install if you save bad undervolt settings in an init.d script).
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mega_man
Old
(Last edited by mega_man; 25th May 2014 at 03:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude View Post

See where it starts going down in 25mV intervals, do that all the way to the bottom (the app there is Kernel Tuner). The top two frequencies can be dropped by 25, but from there and any lower on the top two and you'll get an undervolt forced reboot. Some of the low end freqs might be able to go a bit lower than what my scale gives, you'll just have to test yourself since every phone is different in the undervolt department. And do not set it to activate on boot until you've pushed your phone a bit and know those voltages work. It is possible to undervolt brick a phone forcing you to do a factory reset to remove the saved undervolt values (or a full rom install if you save bad undervolt settings in an init.d script).
so are these values arlready lowered or are these stock values ? and which rom were these settings made ?

Don't Forget to press Thanks if i helped you

TecknoFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 701

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so are these values arlready lowered or are these stock values ? and which rom were these settings made ?
Rom shouldn't be an issue, this a kernel feature to undervolt cpu.
Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do
If you think I did great then why not buy me a small coffee

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2851
Quote:
Guessing at the rom....probably PAC 4.4, but like Techno said, that really doesn't matter. And those are lowered.
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison

mauchito
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude View Post

Thanks, mate! It was trial and error, wasn't it? Is it too noticeable the battery save?

Arjomer
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchito View Post
Thanks, mate! It was trial and error, wasn't it? Is it too noticeable the battery save?
It doesn't make a big difference for me, but you should just try and see it yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arjomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]