Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems After Flashing Custom ROMs - T-Mobile HTC One

Tip us?

optimusl9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Problems After Flashing Custom ROMs - T-Mobile HTC One

Hello all,

Every ROM I have tried to flash has come with some type of problem or another.

I have a SIM locked T-Mobile HTC One with a PTel SIM inside. I unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone, and installed TWRP. Then, I downloaded several ROMs and tried to flash them (after doing wipe data and cache). Here are the specific problems I have run into with each ROM.

OneDroid: The screen keeps popping up "Unfortunately, Android Keyboard has stopped". After second boot, in addition to the other error message, the screen keeps popping up systemUI has stopped. The whole thing is just unusable.

Android Revolution HD: I am unable to obtain any phone signal.

ViperOne: Same issue, no signal.

InsertCoin: I can't get a proper HSPA+ connection due to incorrect APN settings. I have followed the directions on PTel's own website, but was unable to obtain data. It's a shame because I like this ROM the most of all.

MaximusHD: The only ROM to have worked properly.

I am sure I have done something wrong somewhere. I guess I'll just live with MaximusHD.

davebugyi
Old
Thanks Meter 394

DONATE TO ME
MaximusHD is completely stock with very minor changes. For other ROMs you have to select (or flash additional stuff) that you have T-Mobile device I think. But it is better to have their threads searched for "T-mobile".
HTC One (M7) Root | S-OFF | InsertCoin | Kangaroo kernel

My Music - http://soundcloud.com/davebugyi
My Photos - http://500px.com/davebugyi