Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC ONE S keeps rebooting loop when I turn on wifi.

Tip us?

ameyss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC ONE S keeps rebooting loop when I turn on wifi.

HTC ONE S/T-Mobile

*** LOCKED ***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.13.50.05.31
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
Dec 14 2012, 17:10:57:-1

Yesterday I read an article posted on Drippler about an OTA security update for the HTC ONE S from TMO. After reading the article I checked to see if there were any updates for my ONE S and did see the one referred to in the article. I should have just ignored this, but I went ahead and began the OTA update. After the update, my phone would never completely boot. The phone got caught in a "boot loop" and wouldn't stop cycling. After I forced a stop by getting in the boot loader, I had no option but to do a FACTORY RESET. End of Story??? NO! Now, the device looks as if it is starting up fine and everything looks good UNTIL I try turn on the WIFI. When I turn it on, the phone goes back into another boot loop and I have to start all over again. I took the phone across town and tried turning the WIFI on thinking it could have something to do with my home router, but as soon as I turned the WIFI switch on, voila!: boot loop. Since then, I've spent an enormous amount of time online trying to solve the issue, but haven't come across any solutions. If anyone knows of one, I would gladly appreciate it if you would share that with me

Thanks

null0seven
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyss View Post
HTC ONE S/T-Mobile

*** LOCKED ***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.13.50.05.31
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
Dec 14 2012, 17:10:57:-1

Yesterday I read an article posted on Drippler about an OTA security update for the HTC ONE S from TMO. After reading the article I checked to see if there were any updates for my ONE S and did see the one referred to in the article. I should have just ignored this, but I went ahead and began the OTA update. After the update, my phone would never completely boot. The phone got caught in a "boot loop" and wouldn't stop cycling. After I forced a stop by getting in the boot loader, I had no option but to do a FACTORY RESET. End of Story??? NO! Now, the device looks as if it is starting up fine and everything looks good UNTIL I try turn on the WIFI. When I turn it on, the phone goes back into another boot loop and I have to start all over again. I took the phone across town and tried turning the WIFI on thinking it could have something to do with my home router, but as soon as I turned the WIFI switch on, voila!: boot loop. Since then, I've spent an enormous amount of time online trying to solve the issue, but haven't come across any solutions. If anyone knows of one, I would gladly appreciate it if you would share that with me

Thanks
Search rom, for T-mobile, zone that you live.
http://www.androidruu.com/index.php?developer=Ville
Better "unlock" phone, S-OFF.
Look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2082451