ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Back to Stock

OP lampertj

21st May 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello experts,

SOLVED WITH POST #4. GO TO SOLUTION...

My situation is :

I have a HTC One S [ S4 ] with unlocked bootloader and S -OFF . So for the reason I could install a new ROM , I had done a HBOOT version update (which I do not think is official, I am also not so well informed ) , namely , version 2.16 ( previously I had 2.15).

I've installed a modified version of TWRP that works on this HBOOT version .

Now I had this Stock Based Rom ( I do not remember exactly the name) installed and am one day to the function " Encrypt ... " encountered ! I did that and it works flawlessly.

After some time I wanted to install a different ROM ... I started up with recovery and TWRP asks me for my encryption password ! Okay I give the 4 numbers ... WRONG !

Although it is the judge Password certainly does not take TWRP to the PW . When I click Cancel , I do come into TWRP but can not do anything ! No flashing possible! I know to "undo" the encryption a reset is necessary , okay but I cannot flash anything

Can I reformat all partitions and therefore can install a new ROM?

RUU is no alternative since there is no version for this HBOOT . I hope someone can help me , the phone is indeed only the ROM does not run that great and that's why I 'm not so happy with the current function .

I hope that I can install another ROM or the Stock ROM.

Regards,
juli98
Last edited by lampertj; 23rd May 2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: soloution
21st May 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rennes
Thanks Meter: 22

60 posts
More
A RUU can work. The only thing to do is put to put back 2.15 HBOOT.
You'll find guides to downgrade your HBOOT. No need to relock or change CID if you are S-OFF, I've done it a few times.
21st May 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

39 posts
More
Or another option would be booting into bootloader, relocking it, rebooting into bootloader and running the RUU that belongs to your CID. As far as I experienced the hboot gets downgraded automatically this way.
21st May 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 86

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampertj

My situation is :

Have you reinstalled TWRP 2.6.1.0 or tried TWRP 2.7.0.8 for hboot 2.16? (Link) If not, it might be worth trying that before running RUU. There's an unofficial 4.2.2 RUU in the dev section here, or there's a link to the older one's in this thread. You can run RUU's with an older base than 2.16 if you are S-OFF. BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST!
The Following User Says Thank You to rosswhite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosswhite

Have you reinstalled TWRP 2.6.1.0 or tried TWRP 2.7.0.8 for hboot 2.16? (Link) If not, it might be worth trying that before running RUU. There's an unofficial 4.2.2 RUU in the dev section here, or there's a link to the older one's in this thread. You can run RUU's with an older base than 2.16 if you are S-OFF. BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST!

Thank You! Your Post really helped. Reinstalling TWRP did not help, but the unofficial RUU helped and now everything is fine :
26th May 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 30

163 posts
if you now your're original recovery you can do anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread