Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back to Stock

Tip us?

lampertj
Old
(Last edited by lampertj; 23rd May 2014 at 06:24 PM.) Reason: soloution
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Back to Stock

Hello experts,

SOLVED WITH POST #4. GO TO SOLUTION...

My situation is :

I have a HTC One S [ S4 ] with unlocked bootloader and S -OFF . So for the reason I could install a new ROM , I had done a HBOOT version update (which I do not think is official, I am also not so well informed ) , namely , version 2.16 ( previously I had 2.15).

I've installed a modified version of TWRP that works on this HBOOT version .

Now I had this Stock Based Rom ( I do not remember exactly the name) installed and am one day to the function " Encrypt ... " encountered ! I did that and it works flawlessly.

After some time I wanted to install a different ROM ... I started up with recovery and TWRP asks me for my encryption password ! Okay I give the 4 numbers ... WRONG !

Although it is the judge Password certainly does not take TWRP to the PW . When I click Cancel , I do come into TWRP but can not do anything ! No flashing possible! I know to "undo" the encryption a reset is necessary , okay but I cannot flash anything

Can I reformat all partitions and therefore can install a new ROM?

RUU is no alternative since there is no version for this HBOOT . I hope someone can help me , the phone is indeed only the ROM does not run that great and that's why I 'm not so happy with the current function .

I hope that I can install another ROM or the Stock ROM.

Regards,
juli98

kdd998
Old
Thanks Meter 13
A RUU can work. The only thing to do is put to put back 2.15 HBOOT.
You'll find guides to downgrade your HBOOT. No need to relock or change CID if you are S-OFF, I've done it a few times.

Flippy498
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Or another option would be booting into bootloader, relocking it, rebooting into bootloader and running the RUU that belongs to your CID. As far as I experienced the hboot gets downgraded automatically this way.

rosswhite
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampertj View Post
My situation is :
Have you reinstalled TWRP 2.6.1.0 or tried TWRP 2.7.0.8 for hboot 2.16? (Link) If not, it might be worth trying that before running RUU. There's an unofficial 4.2.2 RUU in the dev section here, or there's a link to the older one's in this thread. You can run RUU's with an older base than 2.16 if you are S-OFF. BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST!
HTC ONE S | S-OFF | HBOOT 2.16 | LIBERTY ROM - THE SIXTH ELEMENT | 4.4.2 | SENSE 6 | SENSE 6 TOOLBOX
THANKS: BEAUPS | LLABTOOFER | BILAL_LIBERTY | PIRLANO | FLAR2 | LANGER HANS/MIKANOSHI
The Following User Says Thank You to rosswhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lampertj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosswhite View Post
Have you reinstalled TWRP 2.6.1.0 or tried TWRP 2.7.0.8 for hboot 2.16? (Link) If not, it might be worth trying that before running RUU. There's an unofficial 4.2.2 RUU in the dev section here, or there's a link to the older one's in this thread. You can run RUU's with an older base than 2.16 if you are S-OFF. BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST!
Thank You! Your Post really helped. Reinstalling TWRP did not help, but the unofficial RUU helped and now everything is fine :

null0seven
Old
Thanks Meter 10
if you now your're original recovery you can do anything.