Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] going to stock 4.4 from cm11

Tip us?

lozzah79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] going to stock 4.4 from cm11

hi,

any help appreciated noob

i was on stock 4.3 and installed cm11 within a week of getting my new phone. i like cm11 but its a little to buggy and want to go to stock 4.4.
i have searched lots but i'm a little concerned as i understand i will be updating bootloader to 4.4 and ive found conflicting information.
am i right in thinking i download the official 4.4 for my region, btu uk and flash via odin 3.09 or is it more complicated than this.

thanks in advance

4aces
Old
Thanks Meter 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzah79 View Post
hi,

i was on stock 4.3 and installed cm11 within a week of getting my new phone. i like cm11 but its a little to buggy and want to go to stock 4.4.
i have searched lots but i'm a little concerned as i understand i will be updating bootloader to 4.4 and ive found conflicting information.
am i right in thinking i download the official 4.4 for my region, btu uk and flash via odin 3.09 or is it more complicated than this.

thanks in advance
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658315

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzah79 View Post
hi,

thanks in advance
I never use cm/any aosp before.
But I read before if u come back to tw from aosp somerimes u will have problem with internal sd.
U could look at @Khizar thread if u find problem with the internal sd here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684384

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stonedead
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic View Post
I never use cm/any aosp before.
But I read before if u come back to tw from aosp somerimes u will have problem with internal sd.
U could look at @Khizar thread if u find problem with the internal sd here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684384

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
Flashing stock will fix that issue..
The Following User Says Thank You to stonedead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lozzah79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
thanks for the help.

I flashed stock 4.3 to be safe and it took the 4.4 update as soon as I booted up