No registration required

[HELP]Implement new languages to ROM. Donation availalbe

OP rosenzhelev

24th May 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi guys,

Recently I bought couple of MTK based Smartphones from China, but I didn't realise they are coming with Chinese and English only. I have the language files that I want to import, but I am not sure how exactly I am supposed to include them into the ROM. I believe that I need to decompile, add the new language files and compile the ROM again, but I am not exactly sure how. I do not want to download already compiled multilanguage roms, but do one on my own, keeping all the original software that comes with the phones and only including couple of additional languages.

I am willing to make a small donation to the one who takes the time to explain everything to me step by step

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by rosenzhelev; 24th May 2014 at 03:22 PM.
24th May 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 21

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenzhelev

Hi guys,

Recently I bought couple of MTK based Smartphones from China, but I didn't realise they are coming with Chinese and English only. I have the language files that I want to import, but I am not sure how exactly I am supposed to include them into the ROM. I believe that I need to decompile, add the new language files and compile the ROM again, but I am not exactly sure how. I do not want to download already compiled multilanguage roms, but do one on my own, keeping all the original software that comes with the phones and only including couple of additional languages.

I am willing to make a small donation to the one who takes the time to explain everything to me step by step

Thanks in advance.

Android version?
24th May 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulranjan

Android version?

26th May 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 21

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenzhelev

if I got you right, then first try to implement your language readability. for this:
1) copy your language font into /fonts directory
2) add font entry into /etc/fallback_fonts.xml
...(see already present lines of code to get an idea)
3) restart your phone
4) open a web page in your language to see if it is readable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread