Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to solve insufficient storage space error?

Tip us?

vollachr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How to solve insufficient storage space error?

Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Please advise on what else can be done

Thank you.

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr View Post
Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Please advise on what else can be done

Thank you.
Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->
1. Make a nandroid backup through CWM
2. Enter recovery and wipe : data , cache and dalvik cache (in advanced)
3. Now restore your nandroid backup
4. Reboot and everything should work as normal

PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com
The Following User Says Thank You to koragg97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vollachr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->
1. Make a nandroid backup through CWM
2. Enter recovery and wipe : data , cache and dalvik cache (in advanced)
3. Now restore your nandroid backup
4. Reboot and everything should work as normal

PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com

Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr View Post
Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.
nice, i didn't know about that solution
Tags
galaxy s3 mini, i8190, insufficient storage available, insufficient storage space