[Q] How to solve insufficient storage space error?

23rd May 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Petah Tikva
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Please advise on what else can be done

Thank you.
26th May 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 138

623 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr

Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Please advise on what else can be done

Thank you.

Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->
1. Make a nandroid backup through CWM
2. Enter recovery and wipe : data , cache and dalvik cache (in advanced)
3. Now restore your nandroid backup
4. Reboot and everything should work as normal

PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com
The Following User Says Thank You to koragg97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Petah Tikva
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->
1. Make a nandroid backup through CWM
2. Enter recovery and wipe : data , cache and dalvik cache (in advanced)
3. Now restore your nandroid backup
4. Reboot and everything should work as normal

PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com

Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.
26th May 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 138

623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr

Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.

nice, i didn't know about that solution
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3 mini, i8190, insufficient storage available, insufficient storage space
Previous Thread Next Thread