Post Reply

[Q] How to solve insufficient storage space error?

23rd May 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #1  
vollachr's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Petah Tikva
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Please advise on what else can be done

Thank you.
26th May 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #2  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 138
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr

Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Please advise on what else can be done

Thank you.

Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->
1. Make a nandroid backup through CWM
2. Enter recovery and wipe : data , cache and dalvik cache (in advanced)
3. Now restore your nandroid backup
4. Reboot and everything should work as normal


PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com
The Following User Says Thank You to koragg97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #3  
vollachr's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Petah Tikva
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->
1. Make a nandroid backup through CWM
2. Enter recovery and wipe : data , cache and dalvik cache (in advanced)
3. Now restore your nandroid backup
4. Reboot and everything should work as normal


PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com


Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.
26th May 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #4  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 138
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr

Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.

nice, i didn't know about that solution
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3 mini, i8190, insufficient storage available, insufficient storage space
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes