Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,661 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UK Note 3 GPS and wifi passwords

Tip us?

INTJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default UK Note 3 GPS and wifi passwords

I've seen on numerous occasions that the AT&T Note 3 has GPS errors, but little for other users. To confirm, I'm running 4.4.2 on the UK Three network and without wifi enabled it locates me as Woodhall Spa (a Samsung repair centre 200 miles away). Being on the south coast of England, it sometimes tells me I'm in a town in France, presumably another Samsung centre.

As with everyone else, my passwords disappear. I recently turned off the backup and sync on my phone to see if that works.

On another theme, my favourites in contacts disappeared.

All of this is for information only - it's not just AT&T.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
I've seen on numerous occasions that the AT&T Note 3 has GPS errors, but little for other users. To confirm, I'm running 4.4.2 on the UK Three network and without wifi enabled it locates me as Woodhall Spa (a Samsung repair centre 200 miles away). Being on the south coast of England, it sometimes tells me I'm in a town in France, presumably another Samsung centre.

As with everyone else, my passwords disappear. I recently turned off the backup and sync on my phone to see if that works.

On another theme, my favourites in contacts disappeared.

All of this is for information only - it's not just AT&T.

I do not understand your references to AT&T - N900A is a (slightly) different model (with a forum that is also different than this one) than N9005, which is the International Note 3 LTE and most common in EU (plus Hong-Kong and a few other places).

The GPS problems have been reported (and discussed) for pretty much all Note 3 models, one thing that seems to be a little different from other older phone models with good GPS is IMHO (coming from i9300) the over-reliance on ASSISTED GPS (AGPS) - which again might work well or might work bad.

A rather common pattern of the problem(s) for me is that:

- after a full (cold) restart the first GPS lock with no Internet (of any kind) OR just with WiFi is very slow - under bad circumstances (between buildings, surrounding metal, cloudy day) it can take up to 1-2 minutes for the initial lock;

- after a similar cold start the A-GPS lock when mobile data is connected to my provider (Vodafone) is in the order of 10-15 seconds.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

INTJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the contribution. I am unsure as to what you did not understand with the original thread as your response is correct.

The reference to AT&T is due to it being the most referenced Note 3 GPS-errored unit when run through this and other external search engines. You may already be aware that these users are organising petitions to rectify their issues, in many cases with them believing it is purely due to the AT&T network / Note 3 and nothing else.

This is clearly not the case and some novices may not be aware of this.

Coming from the i9300 too I am fully aware of the AGPS.

As mentioned at the end of the first post, for information only, as few search engine returns are mentioning non -AT&T.

Thanks.