Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Serious Problem Note 3 N9005

Tip us?

nielsvg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Serious Problem Note 3 N9005

hello,

i've got a samsung galaxy note 3 N9005 and have a serious problem. i use my phone with the original cover and the original s view wireless cover.

in february i noticed that when opening my wireless cover the screen wouldnt turn on. serveral days later the problem was so bad that when i got screen on after 5 minutes and maybe the possibility to answer a call the screen wouldnt turn on after the call. screen remained black. i had to pull the battery out of the phone and then restart it. in one after noon of work i had to do this everytime i wanted to make or receive a call and up to 15 times. although the screen is not turned on it uses a huge amount of the battery.

i send my phone for repair. first time they repaired a part of it. what part i dont know and they did a software update. after 2 weeks the problems came back. i resend it to the repeair center. and when they received it the screen didnt turn on. they couldnt repair the phone because it wouldnt turn so they did a software update and send it back because they couldnt notice the fault.

then after 2 weeks the problem came back and i searched the internet and found a way to test the proximity sensor because i thougt that was the problem. i checked it by using the code *#0*# and then click sensor. and indeed there was a problem. when i covered the sensor with my finger the screen went green and keep trilling meaning that something covered the sensor. but when removing my finger from the sensor the screen kept trilling and stayed green. so i knew i had a problem with my sensor.

i send it a third time with the info to check the sensor (it came so far that i had to tell the repair service what to do). the device came back, a part was repaired and a software update. but now the day after the problem came back and even worse.

i'm now using a backup device and when i charge my note 3 a whole night and the day after it's just in standby mode. at the end of the day around 7-8 PM the battery is at 3-4%.

i mailed and called samsung but they want me to send it for a fourth time to a different repair service for a second opinion and then they will decide what to do next.

are there other people who experience the same problems?

i'm a huge samsung fan because i got the samsung galaxy camera, note 3, gear but i'm getting very angry with them.

in atach my battery stats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-19-28-25.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	2757710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-19-28-31.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	2757711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-19-28-37.png
Views:	357
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	2757712  

strangeprotocol
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsvg View Post
hello,

i've got a samsung galaxy note 3 N9005 and have a serious problem. i use my phone with the original cover and the original s view wireless cover.

in february i noticed that when opening my wireless cover the screen wouldnt turn on. serveral days later the problem was so bad that when i got screen on after 5 minutes and maybe the possibility to answer a call the screen wouldnt turn on after the call. screen remained black. i had to pull the battery out of the phone and then restart it. in one after noon of work i had to do this everytime i wanted to make or receive a call and up to 15 times. although the screen is not turned on it uses a huge amount of the battery.

i send my phone for repair. first time they repaired a part of it. what part i dont know and they did a software update. after 2 weeks the problems came back. i resend it to the repeair center. and when they received it the screen didnt turn on. they couldnt repair the phone because it wouldnt turn so they did a software update and send it back because they couldnt notice the fault.

then after 2 weeks the problem came back and i searched the internet and found a way to test the proximity sensor because i thougt that was the problem. i checked it by using the code *#0*# and then click sensor. and indeed there was a problem. when i covered the sensor with my finger the screen went green and keep trilling meaning that something covered the sensor. but when removing my finger from the sensor the screen kept trilling and stayed green. so i knew i had a problem with my sensor.

i send it a third time with the info to check the sensor (it came so far that i had to tell the repair service what to do). the device came back, a part was repaired and a software update. but now the day after the problem came back and even worse.

i'm now using a backup device and when i charge my note 3 a whole night and the day after it's just in standby mode. at the end of the day around 7-8 PM the battery is at 3-4%.

i mailed and called samsung but they want me to send it for a fourth time to a different repair service for a second opinion and then they will decide what to do next.

i'm a huge samsung fan because i got the samsung galaxy camera, note 3, gear but i'm getting very angry with them.

Your motherboard needs a replacement. Lazy technicians are just wiping and reflashing software. Shoot samsung a mail in your region and tell them the amount you invested to buy a fone has gone to crap. Be firm and explain them the things in detail. By now a layman should know your proximity sensor is kaput (common problem with samsung devices., had the same issue with my sii, s4 )
The Following User Says Thank You to strangeprotocol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Mate, the rule of warranty, at least in Oz, is 3 times and it is REPLACED.... No more repairs, you get a new item...
As this has been sent back 3 times I'd stipulate this, it needs replacement, not fixing otherwise you get consumer affaira, or relevant agency, in on the action.......
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nielsvg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Mate, the rule of warranty, at least in Oz, is 3 times and it is REPLACED.... No more repairs, you get a new item...
As this has been sent back 3 times I'd stipulate this, it needs replacement, not fixing otherwise you get consumer affaira, or relevant agency, in on the action.......
yeah i'm gonna resend my device but i find it strange that this is not a known problem?

junjie5626
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
hello,

The "blackout" problem you are experiencing could be caused by some apps that you have installed on your phone. Perhaps you can try to remove your SD Card (if any) and do a factory reset to see whether the issue persists. I have a friend who works in a samsung service centre, and he informed me that usually the technician will first do a software reset/reflash/upgrade and they will do a check to see whether the issue reported persist. If not, nothing else will be done.

ewok666
Old
(Last edited by ewok666; 26th May 2014 at 01:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
hello,

Good luck with Samsung. I haven'd had anything from them that even remotely qualifies as good service. Sad.....but unfortunately true. Australia is especially crap when it comes to service.