CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What can I do with my S4?

OP marbertshere

24th May 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 52

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForce64

I'll probably be trying this as well tonight. I took the OTA update to 4.4.2 NC5 and I guess we'll see what happens.
I can't stand not being rooted. I enjoy memory editing things in games too much and the SD card block annoys me so much.

Let me know how it worked out and which set of instructions you used.

Sent from my SCH-I545
25th May 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere

Let me know how it worked out and which set of instructions you used.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Never got a chance to get to it but Sunday morning I plan on doing it. I have nothing going on then. So in a few hours from now and I'll let you know.

Did you try it yet or putting it off still?
25th May 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose

252 posts
More
Quote:

Never got a chance to get to it but Sunday morning I plan on doing it. I have nothing going on then. So in a few hours from now and I'll let you know.

I'm going to try it today. Another user is supposed to help me through it but I'm not a hundred percent sure that he's going to come through.

Keep me updated. I checked out that thread that you linked to but I'm not really sure which directions you are referring to.

Sent from my SCH-I545
26th May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose

252 posts
More
Smile Downgraded!
Quote:

I did the downgrade! I used this video to help me out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZweI...GZLKkTDHG1sC8A

After doing the second flash I did get stuck at the verizon splash screen then did the data reset/wipe which fixed the problem. So now I'm on 4.3.. Now, do I root the phone using safe root and then flash all the stuff to upgrade that Surge posted? Should I restore all of my data/apps or am I going to have to do a wipe when I upgrade back anyway?
26th May 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere

I did the downgrade! I used this video to help me out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZweI...GZLKkTDHG1sC8A

After doing the second flash I did get stuck at the verizon splash screen then did the data reset/wipe which fixed the problem. So now I'm on 4.3.. Now, do I root the phone using safe root and then flash all the stuff to upgrade that Surge posted? Should I restore all of my data/apps or am I going to have to do a wipe when I upgrade back anyway?

All you should have to do is then watch this video by the same guy and you should be in business. Kudos to this guy for sure

http://youtu.be/AIRoQKTLeJQ
Last edited by BlueForce64; 26th May 2014 at 03:04 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread