Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What can I do with my S4?

Tip us?

marbertshere
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForce64 View Post
I'll probably be trying this as well tonight. I took the OTA update to 4.4.2 NC5 and I guess we'll see what happens.
I can't stand not being rooted. I enjoy memory editing things in games too much and the SD card block annoys me so much.
Let me know how it worked out and which set of instructions you used.

Sent from my SCH-I545

BlueForce64
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere View Post
Let me know how it worked out and which set of instructions you used.

Sent from my SCH-I545
Never got a chance to get to it but Sunday morning I plan on doing it. I have nothing going on then. So in a few hours from now and I'll let you know.

Did you try it yet or putting it off still?

marbertshere
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Never got a chance to get to it but Sunday morning I plan on doing it. I have nothing going on then. So in a few hours from now and I'll let you know.

I'm going to try it today. Another user is supposed to help me through it but I'm not a hundred percent sure that he's going to come through.

Keep me updated. I checked out that thread that you linked to but I'm not really sure which directions you are referring to.

Sent from my SCH-I545

marbertshere
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Smile Downgraded!

Quote:

I did the downgrade! I used this video to help me out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZweI...GZLKkTDHG1sC8A

After doing the second flash I did get stuck at the verizon splash screen then did the data reset/wipe which fixed the problem. So now I'm on 4.3.. Now, do I root the phone using safe root and then flash all the stuff to upgrade that Surge posted? Should I restore all of my data/apps or am I going to have to do a wipe when I upgrade back anyway?

BlueForce64
Old
(Last edited by BlueForce64; 26th May 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere View Post
I did the downgrade! I used this video to help me out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZweI...GZLKkTDHG1sC8A

After doing the second flash I did get stuck at the verizon splash screen then did the data reset/wipe which fixed the problem. So now I'm on 4.3.. Now, do I root the phone using safe root and then flash all the stuff to upgrade that Surge posted? Should I restore all of my data/apps or am I going to have to do a wipe when I upgrade back anyway?
All you should have to do is then watch this video by the same guy and you should be in business. Kudos to this guy for sure

http://youtu.be/AIRoQKTLeJQ