have i missed anything!?

Search This thread

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
have i missed anything!!!???

i'm a noob to this. here's what i'm planning on doing when my i9505 arrives...

1. root device

2. install goo mgr/twrp recovery

3. backup stock rom

4. back up efs with efs pro

5. flash bootloader and modem from wanam

6. flash wanamlite rom

7. (if neccessary) flash O2 modem

anything i've missed out? cheers

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

Remember flashing a custom rom/rooting will void your warranty.
1/4 all good .
5. No need to flash the latest bootloader only modem . Since we already have custom kernel. But its up to u.
6. Full wipe.
7.flash wanam
8. Chexk sammobile/ what modem you need base from your country/ provider.

Last edited:
Reactions: reg66

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
1/4 all good .
5. No need to flash the latest bootloader only modem . Since we already have custom kernel. But its up to u.
6. Full wipe.
7.flash wanam

should i not do a full wipe before flashing modem/bootloader, or does it not matter either way?

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
thanks. sorry, but is there any reason why i shouldn't bother flashing bootloader, only wanam says to before flashing his rom

Well it depends what your phone is running out of the box, but the main reason is if you're phone happens to be on a pre-Knox (4.2.2) bootloader, its best to avoid updating to a newer one as once you have it you can't downgrade it. Or you will trip the Knox warranty when rooting/flashing recovery/custom ROMs.

So a check before updating/flashing anything is best, you can boot into download mode and check for a line that says 'knox 0x0'. If its there that means you have the Knox bootloader already, if not you're on the old one.

I'm still running the bootloader from I9505XXUBMGA firmware and so Im Knox free and can continue to flash custom ROMs (currently on custom stock based 4.4.2 rom) and revert back to full stock I9505XXUBMGA firmware if needed (so my device can be returned to out of the box state for warranty purposes). I only update the modem when needed, usually after there is a version or other significant change.

Last edited:
Reactions: reg66

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Well it depends what your phone is running out of the box, but the main reason is if you're phone happens to be on a pre-Knox (4.2.2) bootloader, its best to avoid updating to a newer one as once you have it you can't downgrade it. Or you will trip the Knox warranty when rooting/flashing recovery/custom ROMs.

So a check before updating/flashing anything is best, you can boot into download mode and check for a line that says 'knox 0x0'. If its there that means you have the Knox bootloader already, if not you're on the old one.

I'm still running the bootloader from I9505XXUBMGA firmware and so Im Knox free and can continue to flash custom ROMs (currently on custom stock based 4.4.2 rom) and revert back to full stock I9505XXUBMGA firmware if needed (so my device can be returned to out of the box state for warranty purposes). I only update the modem when needed, usually after there is a version or other significant change.

cool, thanks. bought the phone off of ebay though, so warranty is not an issue. cheers again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1/4 all good .
    6. Full wipe.
    7.flash wanam

should i not do a full wipe before flashing modem/bootloader, or does it not matter either way?

If you flash the modem using Odin, then you don't need to wipe anything or lose any data, I wouldn't bother flashing the bootloader.
    thanks. sorry, but is there any reason why i shouldn't bother flashing bootloader, only wanam says to before flashing his rom

cool, thanks. bought the phone off of ebay though, so warranty is not an issue. cheers again

No worries, check back here once you get it if you have any more questions as there is always someone to here help. :highfive: