Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is it normal?

OP shizurushu

24th May 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #11  
Flag Tanjungpinang
Thanks Meter: 6

94 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1852

You can check your battery health:
Dial *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#service#*#*)
Choose Service tests
Go to Battery health test, then it should say if your battery is ok or not.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6903 met Tapatalk

The Battery health test always says good, but my battery just so bad
here is the attachment and you can see how bad is my battery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-23-19-37-54.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	2760072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-23-19-37-58.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	2760073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-23-19-38-11.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	2760074  
24th May 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #12  
Flag SE London
Thanks Meter: 89

585 posts
More
I'm in the same boat as you, my Z1 is running KitKat all stock and after a clean install my battery just drains and both GSam battery monitor and the stock battery metre show that the android os and android system take up most of the battery after the screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
24th May 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #13  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riaes

I am on 4.4.2, my best only 4 hours of screen of time, and I have never got it last two days(I just don't know those people who last 5-6 hours, and 3 days), i use my phone mostly just for chatting, and i think my battery is really bad. sometimes I have to charge it every night.

Actually I do not complain of battery life when the Phone is in idle as I get more than 4 days in standby with a 30minutes on screen, what bothers me is the time on screen, which is no more than 4 hours. If you cannot get 3/4 days in standby then you have look for sapplication which working in background and eat your battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1852

You can check your battery health:
Dial *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#service#*#*)
Choose Service tests
Go to Battery health test, then it should say if your battery is ok or not.

This is irrelevant as any time you log into Service Battery Check it change every time, it not telling you the right thing and the battery cannot be checked from that.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 3

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

This is irrelevant as any time you log into Service Battery Check it change every time, it not telling you the right thing and the battery cannot be checked from that.

Okay thanks I never knew that

25th May 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #15  
Flag Tanjungpinang
Thanks Meter: 6

94 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Actually I do not complain of battery life when the Phone is in idle as I get more than 4 days in standby with a 30minutes on screen, what bothers me is the time on screen, which is no more than 4 hours. If you cannot get 3/4 days in standby then you have look for sapplication which working in background and eat your battery.

Well, If i use the phone with 3 or 4 hours screen on time I have to charge every night, sometimes 1.5 day with 2 hours screen time. You mean three quarters of a day? I think I will not lost more than 15% if I leave it standby for 3/4 of day(maybe).
25th May 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #16  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riaes

Well, If i use the phone with 3 or 4 hours screen on time I have to charge every night, sometimes 1.5 day with 2 hours screen time. You mean three quarters of a day? I think I will not lost more than 15% if I leave it standby for 3/4 of day(maybe).

Then I don't know where is the problem.
25th May 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 23

198 posts
More
In my opinnion this depends on how you use the 3-5 hours display time.

If they are continuous it doesnt use that much power. When i'm using it at work (don't judge me) i can get up to 6 continuous hours.

When im using it over the day (12-15 hours) i get around 4 hours and a litte more, wich is kinda "hardcore-user" for most people.

My nexus 4 never lastet that long, i could just get over 2 hours display time when i used it over the day and 3 hours at work...
26th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #18  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 193

308 posts
More
I usually drain about 20% of the battery for every screen on hour (or about 5 hours of screen on per full charge), and that's using Facebook for a long time (a very well known battery killer).Even on my worst days, I never get less than 3.5-4 hours of screen on per charge. However, I tend to keep brightness very low.

Check the battery usage per application using either the built-in monitor or something like GSam battery monitor. You may have a bad application, or too high brightness, or even low signal strength.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread