Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it normal?

Tip us?

Riaes
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1852 View Post
You can check your battery health:
Dial *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#service#*#*)
Choose Service tests
Go to Battery health test, then it should say if your battery is ok or not.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6903 met Tapatalk
The Battery health test always says good, but my battery just so bad
here is the attachment and you can see how bad is my battery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-23-19-37-54.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	2760072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-23-19-37-58.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	2760073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-23-19-38-11.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	2760074  

del1701
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I'm in the same boat as you, my Z1 is running KitKat all stock and after a clean install my battery just drains and both GSam battery monitor and the stock battery metre show that the android os and android system take up most of the battery after the screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Currently using Sony Xperia T unlocked & sim free and a Nexus 7

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riaes View Post
I am on 4.4.2, my best only 4 hours of screen of time, and I have never got it last two days(I just don't know those people who last 5-6 hours, and 3 days), i use my phone mostly just for chatting, and i think my battery is really bad. sometimes I have to charge it every night.
Actually I do not complain of battery life when the Phone is in idle as I get more than 4 days in standby with a 30minutes on screen, what bothers me is the time on screen, which is no more than 4 hours. If you cannot get 3/4 days in standby then you have look for sapplication which working in background and eat your battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1852 View Post
You can check your battery health:
Dial *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#service#*#*)
Choose Service tests
Go to Battery health test, then it should say if your battery is ok or not.

This is irrelevant as any time you log into Service Battery Check it change every time, it not telling you the right thing and the battery cannot be checked from that.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robert1852
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post

This is irrelevant as any time you log into Service Battery Check it change every time, it not telling you the right thing and the battery cannot be checked from that.
Okay thanks I never knew that

Riaes
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Actually I do not complain of battery life when the Phone is in idle as I get more than 4 days in standby with a 30minutes on screen, what bothers me is the time on screen, which is no more than 4 hours. If you cannot get 3/4 days in standby then you have look for sapplication which working in background and eat your battery.
Well, If i use the phone with 3 or 4 hours screen on time I have to charge every night, sometimes 1.5 day with 2 hours screen time. You mean three quarters of a day? I think I will not lost more than 15% if I leave it standby for 3/4 of day(maybe).

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riaes View Post
Well, If i use the phone with 3 or 4 hours screen on time I have to charge every night, sometimes 1.5 day with 2 hours screen time. You mean three quarters of a day? I think I will not lost more than 15% if I leave it standby for 3/4 of day(maybe).
Then I don't know where is the problem.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

sumpf2
Old
Thanks Meter 23
In my opinnion this depends on how you use the 3-5 hours display time.

If they are continuous it doesnt use that much power. When i'm using it at work (don't judge me) i can get up to 6 continuous hours.

When im using it over the day (12-15 hours) i get around 4 hours and a litte more, wich is kinda "hardcore-user" for most people.

My nexus 4 never lastet that long, i could just get over 2 hours display time when i used it over the day and 3 hours at work...
current device: Sony Xperia Z1
old devices: Xperia Z / Nexus 4 / HTC One / HTC One X / Galaxy S3 / iPhone 4S / Galaxy S2 / HTC Desire / Lg Optimus 2x / Galaxy Ace

Steve_max
Old
Thanks Meter 191
I usually drain about 20% of the battery for every screen on hour (or about 5 hours of screen on per full charge), and that's using Facebook for a long time (a very well known battery killer).Even on my worst days, I never get less than 3.5-4 hours of screen on per charge. However, I tend to keep brightness very low.

Check the battery usage per application using either the built-in monitor or something like GSam battery monitor. You may have a bad application, or too high brightness, or even low signal strength.