Possible to Convert LS980 to D802 ?

OP GTRanushka

21st May 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kandy
Thanks Meter: 9

51 posts
Please HELP!!!
can you guys please tell me is it possible to convert Sprint LG G2 (LS980) to International version (D802) firmware?
looking foward for your help.
thank you!
21st May 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag CMH
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
More
Yes it is possible with lots of searching and hacking. It is way easier to do permanent SIM unlock procedure and easier than that, use a custom ROM. See link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655133

Here's my knowledge from the conversion. I could follow the steps in that post but the phone never really worked right. The steps to make the phone work on GSM carriers caused menus to disappear from within the phone, such as ability to change APNs. It works but there's a better way.

I flashed an AOSP ROM to my phone. Shameless plug here for LiquidSmooth beta, I've had the least problems getting a working phone with that ROM, actually works out of the box. While on AOSP, I can replace my Sprint LTE SIM with that of another carrier, reboot the phone and then go to the *#*#4636#*#* menu and change radio mode to GSM. I'm using an AT&T SIM now, domestic even and can SMS, MMS and have HSPA+ data, no LTE. If for some silly reason I want to switch back to Sprint, just swap SIM card, reboot phone, change radio mode in the hidden menu. Simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to amcferrin90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kandy
Thanks Meter: 9

51 posts
Prompt Replace a D802 stock rom on a LS980 Stock rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcferrin90

Yes it is possible with lots of searching and hacking. It is way easier to do permanent SIM unlock procedure and easier than that, use a custom ROM. See link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655133

Here's my knowledge from the conversion. I could follow the steps in that post but the phone never really worked right. The steps to make the phone work on GSM carriers caused menus to disappear from within the phone, such as ability to change APNs. It works but there's a better way.

I flashed an AOSP ROM to my phone. Shameless plug here for LiquidSmooth beta, I've had the least problems getting a working phone with that ROM, actually works out of the box. While on AOSP, I can replace my Sprint LTE SIM with that of another carrier, reboot the phone and then go to the *#*#4636#*#* menu and change radio mode to GSM. I'm using an AT&T SIM now, domestic even and can SMS, MMS and have HSPA+ data, no LTE. If for some silly reason I want to switch back to Sprint, just swap SIM card, reboot phone, change radio mode in the hidden menu. Simple.

Thank you very much mate ! but actually what i want is to have D802 (Stock) firmware on LS980. because D802 is getting updates so quickly. ( Knock Code) i searched for a way to convert but i couldn't find it. can you guys please tell me is it even possible? because both devices are have same hardware except the LTE band! looking forward for your advice. thank you!
22nd May 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag CMH
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
More
I know it's possible. I read once what has to be done. There's some trickery that has to be done in the build.prop which makes the phone think it's another model which would allow the flash. All I can say is search. It is on the XDA forum. The term used was CID change. Found a ton in 2 minutes all related to HTC One on Google, finding the G2 should be easy enough with search.
26th May 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 61

499 posts
Once time converted, the frequencies GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 (3G), LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 (4G) it work or not?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread