have i missed anything!?

Tip us?

reg66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default have i missed anything!?

have i missed anything!!!???

i'm a noob to this. here's what i'm planning on doing when my i9505 arrives...

1. root device

2. install goo mgr/twrp recovery

3. backup stock rom

4. back up efs with efs pro

5. flash bootloader and modem from wanam

6. flash wanamlite rom

7. (if neccessary) flash O2 modem

anything i've missed out? cheers

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 25th May 2014 at 11:00 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg66 View Post
have i missed anything!!!???

i'm a noob to this. here's what i'm planning on doing when my i9505 arrives...
Remember flashing a custom rom/rooting will void your warranty.
1/4 all good .
5. No need to flash the latest bootloader only modem . Since we already have custom kernel. But its up to u.
6. Full wipe.
7.flash wanam
8. Chexk sammobile/ what modem you need base from your country/ provider.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reg66
Old
(Last edited by reg66; 26th May 2014 at 02:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
deleted

reg66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Remember flashing a custom rom/rooting will void your warranty.
1/4 all good .
5. No need to flash the latest bootloader only modem . Since we already have custom kernel. But its up to u.
6. Full wipe.
7.flash wanam
8. Chexk sammobile/ what modem you need base from your country/ provider.

should i not do a full wipe before flashing modem/bootloader, or does it not matter either way?

gsmyth
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
should i not do a full wipe before flashing modem/bootloader, or does it not matter either way?
If you flash the modem using Odin, then you don't need to wipe anything or lose any data, I wouldn't bother flashing the bootloader.
HTC One M8
Nexus 7 32GB WiFi 2012 - Liquid Smooth 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmyth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reg66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth View Post
If you flash the modem using Odin, then you don't need to wipe anything or lose any data, I wouldn't bother flashing the bootloader.
thanks. sorry, but is there any reason why i shouldn't bother flashing bootloader, only wanam says to before flashing his rom

gsmyth
Old
(Last edited by gsmyth; 26th May 2014 at 02:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
thanks. sorry, but is there any reason why i shouldn't bother flashing bootloader, only wanam says to before flashing his rom
Well it depends what your phone is running out of the box, but the main reason is if you're phone happens to be on a pre-Knox (4.2.2) bootloader, its best to avoid updating to a newer one as once you have it you can't downgrade it. Or you will trip the Knox warranty when rooting/flashing recovery/custom ROMs.

So a check before updating/flashing anything is best, you can boot into download mode and check for a line that says 'knox 0x0'. If its there that means you have the Knox bootloader already, if not you're on the old one.

I'm still running the bootloader from I9505XXUBMGA firmware and so Im Knox free and can continue to flash custom ROMs (currently on custom stock based 4.4.2 rom) and revert back to full stock I9505XXUBMGA firmware if needed (so my device can be returned to out of the box state for warranty purposes). I only update the modem when needed, usually after there is a version or other significant change.
HTC One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmyth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reg66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Well it depends what your phone is running out of the box, but the main reason is if you're phone happens to be on a pre-Knox (4.2.2) bootloader, its best to avoid updating to a newer one as once you have it you can't downgrade it. Or you will trip the Knox warranty when rooting/flashing recovery/custom ROMs.

So a check before updating/flashing anything is best, you can boot into download mode and check for a line that says 'knox 0x0'. If its there that means you have the Knox bootloader already, if not you're on the old one.

I'm still running the bootloader from I9505XXUBMGA firmware and so Im Knox free and can continue to flash custom ROMs (currently on custom stock based 4.4.2 rom) and revert back to full stock I9505XXUBMGA firmware if needed (so my device can be returned to out of the box state for warranty purposes). I only update the modem when needed, usually after there is a version or other significant change.
cool, thanks. bought the phone off of ebay though, so warranty is not an issue. cheers again

gsmyth
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
cool, thanks. bought the phone off of ebay though, so warranty is not an issue. cheers again
No worries, check back here once you get it if you have any more questions as there is always someone to here help.
HTC One M8

reg66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
No worries, check back here once you get it if you have any more questions as there is always someone to here help.
cheers fella