[Q] Custom Shortcut to an action in an app? (Intent Sniffing? Macro Recording?)

OP spaboleo

24th May 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

402 posts
More
Hey everyone,

I am using a fitness-tracker called the "Misfit Shine" (www.misfitwearables.com). The tracking itself works quite well (it has some flaws), but especially the sleep tracking surprises me, as it is pretty accurate. And this is the one I'm most interested in

As this little device uses BlueTooth LE without a constant connection, the battery life with a little CR2032 is amazing.
If caters to my needs, as I don't need yet another device to flood me with notifications and the overall look is elegant, not-clunky and unobtrusive so that it can be worn in every situation (even at work).

However I would want to speed up the process of triggering the synchronization by using a homescreen shortcut.
Right now one needs to open the app (PlayStore Link) and tap a little button in the top right corner (see screenshot).

Upon checking the available "activities" for shortcuts, using my preferred Launcher Nova, I only saw one activity: "MainActivity", which just opens the app and displays the current day's activity log.

Is there a way to "sniff" for other actions that could be called by using an app like "Manual Intent Shortcuts" (PlayStore Link)?
Or any way to record a macro that can be linked with a shortcut?

Maybe I could guess the action's name somehow?
How do I find out what the correct values (action name, component name, component class etc.) for the shortcut, created with "Manual Intent Shortcuts" are? (I tried it with "com.misfitwearables.prometheus" and some variations of it with "...action.mainactivity". I always get "App not found" as a Toast-Error message. To be honest...all that was just trial and error, as my knowledge in that field is not really founded.)

I'm not sure what's possible at all.
I just hope it's possible to access actions externally at all.

I would highly appreciate every hint given
Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	misfit_sync.png
Views:	5
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2760557  
Last edited by spaboleo; 26th May 2014 at 03:25 PM.
26th May 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

402 posts
More
Using Takser to create a task that does following did the trick:
  1. Open App
  2. wait 1s
  3. run shell command "input tap x-coord y-coord" as root

The coordinates can be determined by activating "display of touch inputs" under settings / developer options.

It's pretty much a very basic form of macro recording, but it works flawless.
The task can then be selected as a custom homescreen shortcut or as a bound swipe-guestore for an existing icon on Nova Launcher.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
intent, macro, shortcut
Previous Thread Next Thread