Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 Active -- I feel betrayed

Tip us?

ecopy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Thumbs down Galaxy S5 Active -- I feel betrayed

How do you feel about upcoming S5 Active with better build quality, bigger screen, more sensors and quite 2x cheaper? It's just 25 days since start of S5 sales when they sold 10 mln devices, and now they are going to launch Active in July. I feel angry with Samsung for such misleading marketing.

waz000000
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
It's a statistical fact that every time a phone is made another is made after. If this disappoints you id stick to Morse code or maybe those cans with string.

I buy my phone based on what i want at the time didn't you do the same? It's a buyers market and it's not going to stay still just because you want the latest
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waz000000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ecopy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by waz000000 View Post
It's a statistical fact that every time a phone is made another is made after. If this disappoints you id stick to Morse code or maybe those cans with string.

I buy my phone based on what i want at the time didn't you do the same? It's a buyers market and it's not going to stay still just because you want the latest
Galaxy S series phones were positioned as a flagship series. And Active phones were a bit of "S Lite", they shared the name "S", had weaker CPU/GPU @ less MHz, less Mpix, cheaper display, nevertheless the price was quite the same compated to S-parent..
Now they make a phone with almost indentical hardware excepting the Snapdragon 800 instead of 801, better screen, better body and gonna sell it below $600 compared to my S5's price of $850!
When I buy a flagship, I'd like to own a flagship for a year or so, not for a couple of months. And yes, this is also a question of money and vanity.

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 462
I will bet you it isn't gonna be half the cost of an S5. Even if gsmarena says so.
And a successor to the S4 Active was bound to happen, so if you really wanted it you could have waited.
I don't see how it's misleading if they keep their mouth shut...I don't recall them denying an S5 Active.

lcmazza
Old
Thanks Meter 32
The phone is ugly as hell and bulky. Please, don't cry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcmazza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 25,539
OP I have a solution for you, but you feel free to rant/express your betrayal via those Social Sites. But the solution is SWAPPA

Thread Closed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe